NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DishNetwork and GB-PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a newbie, and just downloaded GB-PVR. I have DishNetwork HD. Am looking at ways to record from the satellite receiver and turn my computer into a DVR.

Is the Hauppage 1212 PVR the best way to do this? And will GB-PVR work with this device to record, or will it just playback from my downloaded files?

Also, will GB-PVR replay Blue-Ray files, or disks?

I have a good feeling this is only the beginning of my questions
if you mean the Haupp. HDPVR then yes, it records with gbpvr..Smile
gbpvr won't play full bluray disks, or rips, just the raw .m2ts files if you have a demux and codecs for them...
[which you'll need anyways if playing hdpvr files]

i just rip them to a single file and play from video library..
dvd's play with menus without ripping tho..Smile
Thanks pBS. Now, if someone can explain how this would be setup. Will I be able to use GBPVR to "schedule" television recording? Is GBPVR able to download the DishNetwork television scheduling for my area? Does the 1212 HDPVR schedule it's recordings through the USB connection? Will GBPVR play the files directly from the 1212 or will I have to change the files to MPEG4 or something like that?

Are there forum postings that will help me with this?

I told you that I have MANY questionsSmile
I had many of the same questions when I set up my system a month or two ago. Almost all of them were answered in the excellent wiki. I'd suggest taking a look over there, and then come on back if you still have questions...

Good luck, and it will be well worth your investment of time and a little money... trust me...Smile