NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Old Notebook, Low-end GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried a few USB tuner cards and have had to return them all, because of horrible, packaged software that demands too much of my computer.

Will GBPVR run on my system? I have an old Sony VAIO notebook with an IGP. My RAM and CPU exceed the system requirements, but I don't know if my GPU is sufficient. Here's what I have:

CPU: Mobile Intel Pentium 4 3.20 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
HDD: 5400 RPM 70 GB (approx 10 GB free)
GPU: ATI Radeon IGP 345M 64 MB shared VRAM
USB: 2.0 powered
Line-In: Analog Cable-TV (NTSC)

Can I watch TV using this hardware? I'd be using an external NTSC tuner via USB. Recording is not a priority; I just want to watch the cable TV I'm paying for (I don't own a TV).

Thanks! Smile
Download and install is free and quick - worth a try Wink

If you run GB-PVR and get the menu then you're in look. If you get a message "your system doesn't support the required VMR render" then you're not in luck. Playing back fullscreen video may be your next problem with low-end hardware mind.
don't forget you can always use overlay...Smile
[osd slows things down quite a bit with ovelay, but video looks great on almost anything]
but use vmr9fse if you can...
you should be able to do sd video...i doubt it's up to hd...
It should be quite fine, since that seems to spec out better than my current HTPC. (booo I need an upgrade).