NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Help need with unsupported DVB-T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a PDTV002 dual DVB-t pci card which does not appear in the selection list. The card works fine in XP's media centre, J Rivers media centre, and Mediaportal on XP. However I am running vista at the moment and mediaportal does not support it.
I would like to try GB-PVR but I need help working out how to use it with my card. I have read the wiki on adding an unsupported card but I cant make any sense out of it. I have looked at Graphedit as described but I cant see the relevant info. The 2 receiver and tuner entries are there but I cant make sense of them. I could grab a screen shot of the output from graphedit if that would help.
Run filtercheck.exe (located in the GBPVR folder) and zip and post the resulting filtercheck.log

Of course, if you are familiar with GraphEdit, you could probably create the entry yourself. Just look at one of the other DVB-T entries in the bda.ini and create a new entry for it by adjusting the filter/pin names. If you do this, post the bda.ini entry you created and sub will add it to the master list.

Example entry:

Code:
[Hauppauge HVR-900]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=WinTV HVR-900 BDA Tuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=WinTV HVR-900 BDA Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
Im not sure what to do with graphedit so here is the requested log file
This card is a little different because it has different filter names for each tuner. After adding the following entry to your bda.ini, you would set up a capture source for each one. One for the "Tuner 1" entry and one for the "Tuner 2" entry. Both should be set to device #1.
Code:
[PDTV002 (Tuner 1)]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=TV Tuner 1
FILTER_CAPTURE=TV Device 1
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0

[PDTV002 (Tuner 2)]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=TV Tuner 2
FILTER_CAPTURE=TV Device 2
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
Ok I have added the section to the bda.ini, I have configured the two tuners and setup epg. However I selected configure this machine to act as a client and when I start PVRX2 it crashes and I have to use task manager to shut it down.
You should only configure it to act as a client if the client is installed on a separate machine from the server. ie, a normal install would leave that option unticked.
Ok so I have removed the client selection, now PVRX2 runs but it does not do anything when I select live tv or tv guide.
You'd have to post the logs for us to be able to tell you what is happening.

At a guess - did you do the 'map digital channels to epg channels' step? I'm guessing not, and the log will have an error message like 'no channels set up'.
That was it I have now mapped the channels and it is working thanks