NextPVR Forums

Full Version: GBPVR works on Server not on Popcorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am stuck! I have been using gbpvr and the popcorn hour for a while. I recently built a new server, which is running server 2003 thats a domain controller and have have used this setup before, but for some reason I am struggling this time around. I can get gbpvr to work directly on the server, but its hit and miss on the popcorn. I used the latest NMTintall.exe for setup and have attached my log file for any appreciated help.
I don't know what hit and miss means. From these logs I can see you trying to play LiveTV with a Tim McGraw show but the media isn't streaming. Everything configured in the logs looking ok, but I don't think the web server is working properly there might be a firewall problem with the GBPVRRecordingService.exe not being open for TCP on port 7647.

Martin
Thanks for the quick reply Martin. Hit miss meaning sometimes the guide will come up and sometimes I can watch TV. When it doesn't work all I get is a black screen. The firewall is disabled....
This still sounds like a firewall issue but it coule be a networking issue. Is you NMT on the same subnet 172.31.1.x ? If it is, I'd check cables the switch etc.

Martin
Verified ip config and restarted router and switch and still the same result. I also have a few MVP's and they are working flawlessly. I am guessing its down to firmware in popcorn and/or network settings on the server I am missing....
If it worked on another server is is not the firmware.

Can you open the web server on the local machine from the browser http://localhost:7647/

Another thing to try is to stop the gbpvr recording server and delete the files in gbpvr\web\bin and let gbpvr reinstall them.

Finally since for debugging you are autostarting 1 server make sure the MVP's stay unplugged or disconnected. They are promiscuous and won't give up if they are plugged in.

Martin
I said firmware since the firmware is newer this time around

http://localhost:7647 doesn't work....
Until you get the web server running locally and see this error, I expect you will have problems.

Martin
Yup! That be the page I am getting. Off the top of your head, any idea why the webserver part is not working? Will IIS have an impact on the gbpvr webserver?
Ok, that page means the web server is working.

Could you telnet to your NMT and run this

/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2

and then sent me back the capture log of your telnet session.

Martin
Pages: 1 2