NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hd Homerun Vs. Hauppauge 2250?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The money is about the same with this hot deal:
http://www.thenerds.net/SILICONDUST.Sili...DHRUS.html

I found a 9.99 off code that will just about balance out the shipping cost.
What do you think, PVR gurus? All things equal and most popular channels being available in digital, and I have a 250 for analog already.
I'm no guru but I have both and like both very much. However, since you say you already have a 250 for analog, I'd go for the HDHR. Since it's networked, you can share with another computer (or more) if you decide to. Some users don't have lots of space in there boxes to add cards and the fact that the HDHR is external is a plus for many.
Silicon has updates very often as well.
Thanks Paul.
I'm kicking it around, my current lineup only has 7 or 8 digital channels available and about 70 analog, but the most commonly recorded channels are in those 7 or 8. I keep hearing that cable providers will be moving more and more channels into digital to save bandwidth.
Have you checked into the tool Silicon has for viewing your available lineup? If not, take a look here.
those must be OTA, I am in a pretty crappy situation for OTA. Long ways from the city and miles of big trees. I might get an antenna and give it a try though. I could use my TV tuner to see what I can get.
skyking Wrote:those must be OTA

I have seen US cable channels listed on the SiliconDust website ... but the cables are several thousand miles too short for me to subscribe.
Graham Wrote:I have seen US cable channels listed on the SiliconDust website ... but the cables are several thousand miles too short for me to subscribe.

well IF you had just asked, I was over in the UK in September and I'd have brought you a bucket of OTA! I had no luggage limitsSmile
skyking Wrote:those must be OTA, I am in a pretty crappy situation for OTA. Long ways from the city and miles of big trees. I might get an antenna and give it a try though. I could use my TV tuner to see what I can get.

It shows OTA by default. There is a dropdown at the top of the list where you can change the provider to view the cable channels.