NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PCI-e x1 Satellite card - BGT3590 (6in1 card)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been hunting for a PCI express x1 satellite card for a while now; my WHS has only one PCI slot, and two PCIe x1 slots.

Anyway I found this the other day; does anyone know based upon the stats alone, as it hasn't been released as a retail/OEM product yet, whether this will work with GBPVR?

link

If it does then I will be a very happy man Smile. My family have been asking for a while now why they can only watch TV in one room at the moment, and I can't take another weekend of having to watch the X Factor. Sad

If not, does anyone know of any other PCIe x1 satellite cards, or a country I can emigrate to that hasn't bought into the X Factor franchise yet?

cheers
Reggie

edit:- I should have posted about the BGT3595, not the BGT3590- link changed, same question :o
Hi,

I'm running the BT3595 (later version) of the card with NPVR and it working fine....
Hi systemshark

Thanks for the feedback. I saw your post in the NPVR Support forum and was about to ask what your experience of this card was (apart from the analogue input)

cheers

P.S. It's been a year since I first posted, and the flipping XFactor is on again. I can only blame myself; I should have emigrated.
You might find the TBS6981 a bit cheaper. 2 x DVB-S in a PCIe card. See here