NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR350 vs 2-150&TV out vs 150/350/xcard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all.. Looking to expand or build a new box and put it downstairs in my rack. I currently am running a Shuttle XPC P4 2.0Ghz 512M, 40GB sys and 80GB video discs, of course DVD+-RW with a ATI 9550 and PVR150.

I'd like to be able to record two shows, watch 1 record another, /etc. I'm also very picky about my video quality and the WAF* and WUF* needs to be there too.

I'd like to know how GOOD is the passthru of the 350 to the TV and if anyone is using a 350/150 combo. Or I'd like to know more about 2 pvr150s and an Xcard or Video card with TV out.

With my current playing with the AT 9550 I cannot full screen the GBPVR on the TV only! If I could the quality seems good, no fast action testing yet. It seems, from what I've read around here the 350 and the Xcard seem to be the way to go and it would seem b/c of the HW decoder supported by GBPVR. And I'm guessing the XCard is PCI b/c of that reason, or is simply b/c they don't have an AGP Card?

So to wrap this up:

1 - 2 PVR 150s with TV out on video card - picture quality?
2 - 2 PVR 150s with Xcard - picture quality great?[Image: rock.gif]??
3 - 1 PVR 150 and 1 PVR 350 with output to TV - picture quality great???

It would seem to me the two 150s works well b/c there is only ONE drive to load..

Thanks !!!

John
Just curious, what do you mean by "With my current playing with the AT 9550 I cannot full screen the GBPVR on the TV only!"?

If you mean that GBPVR plays in a Window instead of full screen, you can change it to start up in a full screen by running the Config utility and unchecking "Show in Windowed Mode".