NextPVR Forums

Full Version: run-time error 75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back on the warpath with trying to get AVI's to play with an MVP. To those who replied before this will look somewhat familiar.

Currently I have a fresh GBPVR install up in W2K3 server, AVI's CAN play but there is a resolution issue (very blown up, elongated)

I try and install Ztools and follow the instructions on the wiki. Always asks for mencoder path (is that a problem?)
After completing the steps I try and play an AVI and at the same second I attempt to play the file a Run-time error 75 pops up on the PC screen.

I did see at least one posting about this, and the recommendation was to upgrade to some of the latest tools (beta build). Any of the following posts announcing a beta build of ztools have had the file references removed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
medic29 Wrote:Back on the warpath with trying to get AVI's to play with an MVP. To those who replied before this will look somewhat familiar.

Currently I have a fresh GBPVR install up in W2K3 server, AVI's CAN play but there is a resolution issue (very blown up, elongated)

I try and install Ztools and follow the instructions on the wiki. Always asks for mencoder path (is that a problem?)
After completing the steps I try and play an AVI and at the same second I attempt to play the file a Run-time error 75 pops up on the PC screen.

I did see at least one posting about this, and the recommendation was to upgrade to some of the latest tools (beta build). Any of the following posts announcing a beta build of ztools have had the file references removed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I've updated the steps to make sure ZProcess is installed and setup properly.

If it always asks for MEncoder path, then yes, that's a problem that needs to be fixed. Maybe you are only including the MEncoder file itself and not installing the complete package that's available from the link...

And no, I do not suggest you use the beta. The latest available build is working just fine.

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utili...ocess#toc4
well, followed your revised wiki and everything looked fine but...
under the plain TransMVP setting and avi will play but with no video. If I switch it around to ffmpeg video is displayed correctly but sound is extremely distorted.
I know people have recommended getting a PCH unit but that is money I don't have at the moment and as long as you haven't had enough with me pestering you about zprocess settings I'll keep plugging away with this.
The only time you MIGHT need to deviate from the defaults is if you live in PAL world or have purchased a PAL world MVP... because I've never really been able to test my program and its defaults on a PAL system... (Although it appears to be working for them too)

All this means, is that there really isn't any reason why we need to play with settings. There are a few requirements, and with the exact versions of support software linked in the wiki, that combination- will work for many DiVX/XVID AVIs.

I noticed that in another post you were installing MVPScreenPosition. I would suggest that you don't use it until ZProcess is working...

It either works or it doesn't. I don't know why it isn't anymore. It's possible that the mvp has failed.

It's possible that you're trying an AVI whose required codec isn't supported with the MEncoder. It's my experience that most of anything that is commonly downloadable from a torrent site will transcode.

I don't know what to say... One reason I won't be updating the software is that it's doing so well...

We might be able to try a remote control connection, but I don't think I would be able to see and fix the problem remotely...
Quote:I know people have recommended getting a PCH unit...

Indeed this is very silly advise. It's like saying I'm having trouble with my computer and someone saying buy a MAC. That's no help at all...

:mad:
sorry, have been told (in the past) to scrap the mvp and get a pch when asking about this avi issue
No what I said was "I figured you wouldn't have liked my suggestion to scrap the MVP for avi on-the-fly playback so I didn't bother giving it." I will maintain transcoding before playing makes much more sense than on-the-fly so you resume navigate etc.

It has nothing to do with buying a PCH.

Martin