NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Wiki page for gbpvr tray?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a wiki page covering the GB-PVR tray icon as I can't seem to find it? If not, where should it be created? It's been a while since I've played with the wiki and not too sure about it's structure.
Quote:Is there a wiki page covering the GB-PVR tray icon as I can't seem to find it? If not, where should it be created? It's been a while since I've played with the wiki and not too sure about it's structure.

I am certain there is no specific page, IIRC there is a mention of it somewhere like in configuration but can't recall exactly.

You can create it anywhere, not sure where I would put it, what do you want to say about it?!

Cheers

Steeb
Just what it can do really. More for completeness that anything else.
Hmmm interesting one, well guess it would naturally fall somewhere under 'Manual' as opposed to any of the other possible headings?

But guess it is a sort of 'one off' I mean it is not GUI is it?

Cheers

Steeb
How about something on this page:

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manual/Manual

Under the 'Getting Started' section? A new link for initial getting around GBPVR 'familiarisation' sort of thing?

As per your other posts it's obvious you're on a Wiki thing at the moment! I've been trying for ages to improve it but there's very few of us Big Grin

Cheers

Steeb
Or same page new heading between Getting Started and Using? Familiarisation thing? This is the thing with the Wiki, so open to interpretation :p
steeb Wrote:Or same page new heading between Getting Started and Using? Familiarisation thing? This is the thing with the Wiki, so open to interpretation :p
What about a preamble on the GBPVR Manual page before the Quick Start Guide called 'What is GBPVR'. It could give a (very) quick overview of what GBPVR is and the various components involved and what they do:

GBPVR
GBPVRTray
pvrx2
config/config.xml
GBPVRRecordingService
what plugins are
what utilities are
ability to support clients
log files
etc.

If you started off with your glossary definitions for these components and expanded a little bit on each, it might give new users a handle on how all these bits fit together - sort of put things into context.
Hi Alex,

Quote:What about a preamble on the GBPVR Manual page before the Quick Start Guide called 'What is GBPVR'.

I like this, I'd have to check but I don't think we can put any top level headings in, but never tried so could be wrong Big Grin

Know we can put something under 'Home Page'

What is GBPVR
Getting to grips with GBPVR
First look at GBPVR

(one of these not all)

don't know something like that?

Quote:GBPVR
GBPVRTray
pvrx2
config/config.xml
GBPVRRecordingService
what plugins are
what utilities are
ability to support clients
log files
etc.

If you started off with your glossary definitions for these components and expanded a little bit on each, it might give new users a handle on how all these bits fit together - sort of put things into context.

This could all be brought together into something interesting but once again it is so down to personal interpretation. I like this idea. McBain brought it up with his GBPVRtray thing, McBain thoughts?

Thinking from others?

But probably not many points as normally such a dis-interest in the Wiki from users both gurus/seasoned and newbies!
Quote:I like this, I'd have to check but I don't think we can put any top level headings in, but never tried so could be wrong

I think I was wrong, got as far as being able to preview a new left column heading so guess I could have saved it Big Grin

So it's really about whether putting it in and what to say with it. I like ACTCMS' ideas but what to call the actual link?

If anyone is interested?

McBain's probably up Gunwharf in the pub :p

Cheers

Steeb
steeb Wrote:McBain's probably up Gunwharf in the pub :p
Now you're talkingBig Grin

What about including it as in-line text immediately below GB-PVR Manual...

GB-PVR Manual

Overview

GB-PVR is a mature, robust, full-featured Personal Video Recorder (PVR) or Media Center which runs on Microsoft Windows. It's main function is scheduling tv recording and watching live tv, but it can also playback a wide variety of media types across music, videos and photos. The application is made even more useful with a wide range of plugins available, providing features like weather, music jukeboxes, netflix etc (pinched from gbpvr.com:o)

The main components of GBPVR are:
pvrx2.exe - this is the GUI part of the system - it...

etc...
Pages: 1 2