NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Website copier for offline edit & browsing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:I've had a right interesting Christmas break with Father in Law having a seisure and ambulance being called, wife not talking to me..... etc

Just wanted to clarify my own quote! Wife not talking to me not because I'm an ar*e but because of Father's illness! Hmmm not sure if that sounds better!

Father in Law currently staying with us, one of our cats walking over laptop and putting a lot of vvvvvv's and wwwwww's into my message that I've had to delete.

Me finding out the limitations of my wired network and having to hack into neighbours wireless!!!!!

Jingle all the way Big Grin

Cheers

Steeb
the police will be next lol

maybe you could light a small fire and get the fire brigade around
or just put the cat up a tree

then you would have checked out all emergency services are up to scratch
Quote:the police will be next lol

Big Grin Do hope not! We haven't had them round since my 40th 'Street' Birthday which got a bit out of hand!!! Of course if you're talking wireless Police...

Quote:maybe you could light a small fire and get the fire brigade around
or just put the cat up a tree

then you would have checked out all emergency services are up to scratch

Oh they are up to scratch and with 3 cats it often gets complex :p

Once again have to thank my incompetent neighbour for having an unsecured wireless network, could have found a cat5 but think the router was all used up in this room anyway!!!

Steeb
ah, i see you found the public wifi hotspot for emergency use...Big Grin
it's got excellent coverage, there's one in every city in the world! lol

i actually had to use httracker earlier today cuz a client went to have a webpage updated, and the a-holes took over domain name, server hosting, email and sold them an unneeded shopping cart! :mad:
so i dl'ed their website changes and dumped their services...weasels!

and they're *still* trying to push the shopping cart just to display images...geez..

one thing i'm seeing, the level of marketing is inversely proportional to the level of quality of services...the more they advertise, the more they suck...

quality product doesn't need a 'hard sell', people beg for it...Smile
@pBS

cor that one made me smile alot!

Yes I found the local Wifi but that's down to an unknown and very generous neighbour.....

But often it is the Wifi innocent that give me access to the world at large.

Nice to know that HTTracker wasn't just someone recommending me on a whim! We get offered so much stuff and most of it is bad!

BUT on my 1st use of this (trying to nick GBPVR Wiki) something went wrong before .bot(s) came into play.

Do you know the film by Terry Gilliam: Brazil?

Cheers

Steeb
Direct quote from Sub:

Quote:To be honest, I have no idea. I know next to nothing about the wiki and how it works.

So how hard do we work on the Wiki :p

There is a also a good quote from Blader 2 or 3 threads back.

I'll take the response if that someone can work out how to work these files locally, then good, otherwise it is just a free for all again?

In the latter instance perhaps never slag off anyone for editing the Wiki pages again because that is how they are set up and sooooo few of us care?

And that is harsh and don't mean it like it sounds because a few people have worked very hard on this. (You know who you are!)

The plugin pages work OK and I was just looking for somewhere to plomp Systemshark's 'Walkthrough's' or whatever they may be called Smile

Steeb

p.s. sorry for being a temperemental :mad:
ahh, but i'd rather he not worry a bit about the wiki and stick to the programming stuff we *can't* do..Smile

i always thought it should just stick to typical usage scenarios and leave really advanced stuff and details for trolling the forums..or a link to a thread..

it is nice to have somewhat of a manual when making major changes [like changing tv providers] or adding plugins to setup..Wink
Dont get me wrong - I appreciate the hard work that has been put in by numerous people on the wiki, and I think its a valuable source of info, but I've personally avoided doing direct work on it myself (too busy with other stuff) so I'm not that familiar with the workings of it. I also dont have any strong views on what changes need to be made to improve it etc (just not something of dedicated thought cycles to).
sub Wrote:Dont get me wrong - I appreciate the hard work that has been put in by numerous people on the wiki, and I think its a valuable source of info, but I've personally avoided doing direct work on it myself (too busy with other stuff) so I'm not that familiar with the workings of it. I also dont have any strong views on what changes need to be made to improve it etc (just not something of dedicated thought cycles to).

I'm pretty sure no one is complaining about you focusing your free time on development rather than documentation. Wink
Gosh, sometimes I really don't like the written word even though I worship it!

I think some of my stuff came across wrong........?

I never expected Sub to even post on this thread. Not for 1 moment was I suggesting that Sub had anything to do with Wiki, I was trying to prove a point to another Forum member that it was down to us if we wanted to work on Wiki.

For all of Sub's spare time, I too, hope it is devoted to GBPVR and the Forum Big Grin

Sorry if it came across incorrectly :o

Still wondering if anyone has a way to grab the relevant Wiki pages to a local directory?

Steeb
Pages: 1 2 3