NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV card requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm considering using GB-PVR and currently own a digital terestrial tv-card. What requirements does GB-PVR place on TV cards? Is it simply enough that a WDM-compatible driver be available for the card, or are there other requirements? If development work is required in addition to any existing WDM driver, then what does this entail? - I'm a software developer so may be able to offer assistance.

I understand that the core of GB-PVR is not open source, so I'd be interested to know if the integration of new TV-tuner cards is dependant upon work carried out by GB-PVR's owner (sub?). If it is then what's the process for adding a new card?

BTW, I own an Avermedia DVB-T 771 TV card.

Cheers,

Paul.

[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]I'm considering using GB-TV and currently own a digital terestrial tv-card. What requirements does GB-TV place on TV cards?
For DVB cards, you need to have BDA drivers. These are available for many of the cards on the market (Hauppauge Nova-T/Nova-S, TwinHan, etc), but I not sure about the Avermedia cards.

[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]I understand that the core of GB-TV is not open source, so I'd be interested to know if the integration of new TV-tuner cards is dependant upon work carried out by GB-TV's owner (sub?). If it is then what's the process for adding a new card?
I support three of the bigger families of cards (BDA, Conexant MPEG2 encoder chipset, GO7007SB encoder chipset). Additional cards in these families can be added relatively easily by editing either go.ini, bda.ini or direct.ini.

There is also an API for adding support for new cards. See the WDM plugin (incl source code) that was release recently by normanr.
I want to buy a DVB card to run with GB-PVR in the UK. Any refs for BDA drivers? I have googled BDA with no significant results.

answers own question: OK no need to reply have found relevant info