NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Filters on Wiki?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

have I missed a section on Wiki that discusses filters specifically? If not should there be one? Hopefully Hoborg and me are working on a SAF pack walkthrough thing. Now where should that be placed?

Manual?

Miscellaneous?

It is not a plugin or utility as filter installation is so much of GBPVR.

After this will go away for a bit and do some real work on the Wiki instead of just chatting about it!

Cheers
Manual would be my vote.
Quote:Manual would be my vote.

Thanks -OZ-

The more I think about this I am undecided.

Reasons:
  • A filter section on the Wiki I think would be good as they are so much part of getting GBPVR up and running.
  • Hoborg's SAF is currently well supported, but, of course, could be considered separate from a potential filter section as it is a user created 'add-on' though not a utility or plugin!

Realistally am just pondering on pmwiki url folder/file creation, and where it goes, as we know if it goes in the wrong place can cause headaches later....

Hmmmm

Steeb

Edit:

Having seen pBS' recent post in an entirely unrelated thread about HIP, would 'tips & trix' section be a better place?
There is a HIP section already on the wiki with remote controls.

I actually didn't like SAF because the "suggested" config didn't work with my graphics card/OS (HTPC 3 in the sig); but I did use some of what I learned from SAF to configure my own filters. Last thing to perfect is the DVD since the one I know works got removed from the pack that had it.

Would you be including user experience/suggestions in the filter page?
Quote:There is a HIP section already on the wiki with remote controls.

Yes. Under Tips & Trix? Not sure what you mean by this?

Quote:I actually didn't like SAF because the "suggested" config didn't work with my graphics card/OS (HTPC 3 in the sig); but I did use some of what I learned from SAF to configure my own filters. Last thing to perfect is the DVD since the one I know works got removed from the pack that had it.

Agree, hence why I got 'cold feet' SAF has worked for many but not all. But still think filters should have a section on Wiki?

Quote:Would you be including user experience/suggestions in the filter page?

No because that is a minefield only capable to be dealt with on the Forums.

Thanks -Oz- your input has been great.

I think I may attempt a filter page in the future but for now will scuttle away and do something else.

Cheers

Steeb