NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Showing Weather on Menu Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm gonna seperate the discussion from http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=3...tcount=191 and bring it over here.

scb147 Wrote:I've never looked at the slick skin, but I believe it shows an image of the plugin, correct?

If this uses the getTaskImage() method, is it possible to have this update the icon in the slick menu? I could put that on the to-do list...

Actually it doesn't show an image; I assume I'd have to modify the skin somehow. This is what slick looks like:
[Image: 1263168711.jpg]

My goal would be to somehow make it look something like this:
[Image: 1263169660.jpg]
or
[Image: 1263169692.jpg]

I assume this means I have to modify the skin as well as somehow pull the data from the plugin... opinions/ideas?
I added an interface in psycik's interface.dll that will allow any to get the current temperature, and an icon from Yahoo weather that I was hoping ACTCMS would build into MLPanel. You can't do much on the main screen hover because sub owns that.

Martin
You could modify the CurrentTime placement in the skin to something like:

Code:
        <CompositeImage name="CurrentTime" size="49,5">
            <DrawRoundedRect loc="0.5,0.5" size="99,98" fillColor="Black" borderColor="Transparent" radius="2" borderWidth="0"/>
            <DrawImage filename="..\weather2\current.png" loc="0,0" size="25,100" fixedAspectRatio="true" align="left"/>
            <DrawText text="@currentTime" loc="25,0" size="75,100" textStyle="GeneralTextStyle" align="Center" valign="Center"/>
        </CompositeImage>

And then just save the image to the same place each time (..\weather2\current.png in the example) Not sure how you would add the temp though. I also don't know how often sub reloads the images in the placements.
We used to be able to get stuff on that main screen via plugin panels I think... I take it that died when pvrx2 came into existence.

Whurlston: very interesting idea. Could i just modify the skin you think to include some of my own text?
1.2.9 added the ability for plugins to display panels, by implementing the IUiPanel interface, and a minor alteration to the menu skin.xml file.
Can a simple plugin instantiate itself without having a menu item?

Martin
I think this would be a neat thing to have, but I have bigger issues with the MVP/NMT's right now that I need to focus on.

So this would have to wait...