NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mvpmcx2 Key Mapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In preparation for the next release of mpvmcx2 I thought I'd explain how the KeyMapping functionality can be configured.

I. mvpmcx2.ini format

The functionality is enabled with a file called mvpmcx2.ini that can optionally stored in the mvpmc share or with mvpmcx2 if you are running via CSI

The Format of the mvpmcx2.ini is a follows

[MAC]
Key=Function

MAC is the real MAC address you want to change the default functionality. If you want to change the default for more than one NMT you can use [RemoteMap] as a global name.

Key is the the NMT Key you are remapping, Function is the GBPVR function key you would like to action on the press

II. Keys
Valid mappable keys are Source, Title, Menu, Return, Audio, Subtitle, Angle, TVMode, PageUp, PageDown, Home, Repeat, Setup, Delete, TimeSeek, and Slow

You can also define Ctrl0 - Ctrl9 These keys requre two keys Eject 0 Eject 1 Eject 2 etc. By default

Ctrl1 is VideoLibrary
Ctrl2 is LiveTV
Ctrl3 is Pictures (which some people make to recordings in config.xml)

III. Functions

The Hauppauge functions keys are Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Guide, TV, Pictures, Videos, Music, Back, Menu, VolumeUp,VolumeDown, ChannelUp, ChannelDown, Record, PrevChannel

These are also available for future growth but they aren't used by GBPVR Star, Subtitle, Blank, Full

IV. Examples

This file will change the default behaviour for PageUp and PageDown to control volume

Code:
[RemoteMap]
PageUp=VolumeUp
PageDown=VolumeDown

For EGreat M34a users I might suggest something like this (Blue is on Info already)

Code:
[0006DC41CE68]
TVMode=Red
TimeSeek=Green
SubTitle=Yellow
Delete=Record
Source=Menu

Martin
Does anyone know which config.xml setting is used to enable a Ctrl3 for the Recordings menu?

Quote:Ctrl3 is Pictures (which some people make to recordings in config.xml)
To answer your question yes.

To answer your next question

Code:
<DefaultPluginPictures>Recordings</DefaultPluginPictures>

Martin
Thanks. I think you are psychic Smile

If I make this change, do I totally loose the picture plugin or does it just allow me to use the short cut hot key?

I am configuring a new harmony 700 remote. I want to program a soft key to jump directly to the recordings menu. I do occasionally use the picture plugin, but it is pretty rare. I guess what I am saying is that i just want to use the hot key, but not totally break the ability to view pictures.
I don't know, I guess the best thing to do is to try it and see.

Martin
I tried it out. It seems to work the way I want it. Eject-3 now takes directly to the Recordings menu and I can still navigate in the menu to the Pictures.
steveum Wrote:I tried it out. It seems to work the way I want it. Eject-3 now takes directly to the Recordings menu and I can still navigate in the menu to the Pictures.

Great thanks for the update, I always wondered about that. The Menu key should also get you there on the Harmony. Eject 3 was for EGreat remotes that don't have one.
Martin
I am trying to figure out how I should map the channel up and channel down keys on the Harmony remote. I see channel up and channel down are mvpmcx2 commands, but I have not been able to figure out which eGreat keys I should be mapping the harmony remote to send. Do you have any suggestions?

Harmony assumes the default remote for the eGreat m34a is the full remote and not the condensed remote they give you with the device. So I have the full NMT keys to choose. Like you said, I have a menu key.
The instructions explain the mappable keys and how you can map them. You probably get the most flexibility by setting up the Harmony as a Hauppauge remote and installing the lircd driver.

Martin
I feel I am close to having the remote setup, so I don't think the lircd route interests me. I guess I am just trying to get a better understanding of the default function for each of the mappable keys. The instructions above identifies the keys that are mappable:

Source, Title, Menu, Return, Audio, Subtitle, Angle, TVMode, PageUp, PageDown, Home, Repeat, Setup, Delete, TimeSeek, and Slow along with the the Eject+#key

And it identifies the hauppauge functions available:

Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Guide, TV, Pictures, Videos, Music, Back, Menu, VolumeUp,VolumeDown, ChannelUp, ChannelDown, Record, PrevChannel

But what the instructions don't say is what are the current default mappings. You mention a few of the defaults, but the rest are unclear. The example I giving is the Channel Up and Down functions.
Pages: 1 2 3