NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Really?  Can I use the video out of the PVR350?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For anyone familiar with the Hauppauge PVR 350: I am new to the install of PVR and have purchased the PVR250. Now I see the 350 has AV out.
QUESTIONS:
1) Is it true that GB PVR, unlike Win XPMCE (which I have installed now), can use the video out of the PVR350? And would the video quality be any better than getting video through my MSI G force video card? I seem to see from other posts that it can be used Do I understand this correctly?
2)Generally then, is there any advantage to me exchanging my PVR250 card for the PVR350 card (other than the FM capability)?
Thanks to you forum guys. I'm probably older than you all as I am a senior citizen, but not too old to learn new tricks.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]
1) Is it true that GB PVR, unlike Win XPMCE (which I have installed now), can use the video out of the PVR350?  And would the video quality be any better than getting video through my MSI G force video card?  I seem to see from other posts that it can be used  Do I understand this correctly?
Not sure how good your MSI card is but yes the video from the PVE 350 is considered very good.  Not many people use MCE. Not much point realy as you dont see it. I for one am pleased about that [Image: smile.gif]

[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]
2)Generally then, is there any advantage to me exchanging my PVR250 card for the PVR350 card (other than the FM capability)?
Personaly I would just use your MSI card. Depends on what **you** think of it. You could get an xcard. This is made by Sigma Designs and they are cheap at the moment. This is **not** a graphics card as such. Its just TVout. It has a very good rep though. I use one with a PVR350. The 350 is for stuff that I record with GB-PVR and the xcard is for everything else. The OSD on the xcard is pants though. The 350 output is very good.