NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2250 ST-ST-ST-STUTTER...LiveTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

I posted a bit ago in the "support" area for this same basic problem. Sub helped me rectify some things, so now I've narrowed down my problem...here goes.

I have a HVR-2250 on Windows XP. I've ironed out my installation so that HD and analogue both seem to capture very well. The problem is that LiveTV seems to not be able to do its thing at all. Even if I'm not recording anything, it's essentially unwatchable. I set the buffer to 2000ms so see if it would solve the problem, but it just postpones things for a little while. Audio stutters...video stutters...ideas?
It's probably related to the combination of audio/video decoders you're using. Which decoders are you using?

Post the logs though, and I'll see if anything stands out.
OK, I've attached the files. Thanks for the help.

Video Renderers:

VMR9 Custom (used)
VMR9 Full Screen
EVR
Overlay Manager

Video Decoders:

MainConcept HCW Mpeg-2 Dec. (used)
ATI MPEG Dec.
ATI CC Multiplexer

Audio Decoders:

Hauppauge MPEG Layer 1/2 Audio Decoder (used)
MPEG Audio Decoder
ATI MPEG Layer 1/2 Audio Decoder

AC3 Decoders:

Hauppauge AC3 Decoder (used)
Hauppauge E-AC3 Decoder

What do you think?
Quote:2010-02-12 07:48:53.031 VERBOSE audio renderer filter:: C-Media Oxygen HD Audio
Does it help if you set the audio renderer back to 'system default'?
Just changed to 'system default' and also rebooted. Things are a bit better, but still jerky. It is better, though. What about my other selections? Thanks again.
It's worth mentioning, also, that my cpu is only up to maybe 30-40%...so no bottleneck there.
Update: I just disabled the livetv buffer, setting it to zero. main change is that I get to the stutter faster, and eventually the sound simply evaporates. Is it possible that my problem is more buffer related than codec?
To be honest I dont know. The type of symptoms you're describing sound like codec problems, but the decoders you've listed should be ok.
I am wondering if your codecs are simply broke. I am thinking all would be good if you just reinstalled them. I was stuck in EVR land before I tried that.