NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can no longer access GB-PVR from PCH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PCH A-100 has been working through GB-PVR for about 3 weeks. I used the Dummies guide with some help from Martin. Well suddenly when I go to start GB-PVR through GBPVR.html , I get a gray screen and with the message "mount mounting //192.xx.xx.xx"

Then if I try again I get "mkdir: cannot create director" on the same gray screen.

I searched for the error message, found some posts, but didn't find a likely solution. I've turned off the windows 7 firewall without effect. I can ping the PCH from the server computer. The PCH can play recordings.

Can you help? Should I post logs? I don't see the logs updating from the attempt, i.e. the modified time does not change, so I don't see how this would help.

Esteban
My first guess is the IP of your GBPVR server changed and you need to edit gbpvr.cgi to match. If not you will probably need to give me an idea of what kind of maintenance you did on the server before I offer a solution.

Martin
You're right, Martin. Thanks. I thought I was done with Ip address shifting issues when I set lease time in my router to forever a few weeks ago. Apparently that didn't take.

Esteban
Esteban Wrote:You're right, Martin. Thanks. I thought I was done with Ip address shifting issues when I set lease time in my router to forever a few weeks ago. Apparently that didn't take.

Esteban
Doesn't your router allow ip reservation, ie, reserve a specific IP for a specific MAC address?
That's the way I set my network/router. This way I always know which IP to set. Wink
Why use the router at all? Setting up a static IP in Windows for your GBPVR server should be trivial.

Martin
Sykor Wrote:Doesn't your router allow ip reservation, ie, reserve a specific IP for a specific MAC address?
That's the way I set my network/router. This way I always know which IP to set. Wink

No, my router doesn't support that feature. That is how I wanted to set it up.

As far as setting a static IP in windows, I could try that, probably should. The reason I haven't is that the HD Homerun doesn't support static IP, so I was addressing more devices than just the computer. I thought the indeterminate lease time would handle it all.

Esteban