NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Media from a network drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having trouble getting my NMT to display/play media from a network drive from within GB-PVR, I can see & view/play from the Picture/Music Libraries on the PC fine, I can browse to the folders & view/play from the NMT interface without a problem but I can't do either from the NMT when connected to my development PC.

Also I know the media directories don't have any rouge files in them as they are just the same directories that are normally used when the NMT is connected to the server.

From the config.xml on my development PC

Code:
<PhotoLibraryDirectory>Default~C:\|F-Drive~F:\|Server-Pics~\\Pvr-server\_Photo|</PhotoLibraryDirectory>
  <VideoLibraryDirectory>Default~C:\|F-Drive~F:\|</VideoLibraryDirectory>
  <MusicLibraryDirectory>Music~C:\!Music|Robert's Music~E:\_Music|Roberts Music (Tweaked)~\\Pvr-server\my book (i)\Music Files|PVR-Server (Main Music)~\\Pvr-server\Music|</MusicLibraryDirectory>
This is a typical problem for both NMT and MVP users. You might want to check out http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=43067 Alternatively the mvpmcx2 can be configured to read from the share directly taking a bit of load off the server.

Martin
I got it working after installing your service, adding a Windows password & quite a bit of swearing. I would be nice if you gave a little bit of information about what the installer & service does, as I don't like installing things that I don't know what they do until after I have finished the install.

mvallevand Wrote:Alternatively the mvpmcx2 can be configured to read from the share directly taking a bit of load off the server. Martin

But I am interested to know more about the "alternative" suggested above, what does it do & how do I set up to play?
Sorry I am tired about explaining it that's why I wrote the utility. You didn't need any Windows password though. You can search and read one of my (or sub's) many, many posts explaining about how to connect a share from using the MVP on these forums if you are interested in doing it yourself.

The alternative works much like mapping a share for DVD iso playback. You would use exactly the same format for non-ISO files and add the --use-shares option to the command line.

Martin