NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Checking New A110 Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear all,

sorry if I'm missing stuff I could have found on threads but couldn't! Also apologies for rambling post:

Backed up config.xml!!!

Followed Dummies Guide to install.

A110 (no USB or internal HDD)

Initial changes to PCH:

Setup running as Composite PAL (connected by S-Video) in 4:3

Firmware :01-17-091202-15-POP-403-000
Kernel v :15-POP

NMT install selected all options apart from install GBPVR.

After install showing no errors found new mvpmc share in default path wasn't shared and couldn't share because my mvpmc share for mvpmc containing dongle.bin (for MVP's) was in different location. Copied this dongle.bin over to new mvpmc folder, deleted old mvpmc folder and enabled share on new folder. (Checked MVP's still booting, OK).

Then selected Network Browser from Media Source and navigated to mvpmc share on Media Server and selected. Blue button got me to GB-PVR.html. Selected this giving me 3 options. Selected 2nd option GBPVR via network browser.

This loaded GB-PVR with Mayhem skin (sort of, more later).

Used power button to get to NMT Menu. Went to setup screen then Network Share and browsed for mvpmc share, added as a configured share.

So now from boot up I have this:

[Image: MainNMTe.jpg]

Then selection 4th option with blue button gives me 1 option of GBPVR.html to select, when done I get this

[Image: 3optionse.jpg]

from which I select the 1st option.

Which gives me GB-PVR.

Which unfortunately looks like this

[Image: GBPVRScreene.jpg]

With strange left hand sided vertical artifact break up on menu.

I just wanted to make sure I had all the other steps correct before finding out why it is not displaying correctly. Unless of course I've missed a post entirely! But being a 'newbie' to whole NMT thing..........

Cheers

Steeb
You are close I believe that is simply a skin bug and you need this edit Mayhem skin. http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=3...stcount=76 Rather than making the change, I would change you NMT skin to Blue to confirm it is working properly.

To simply things you could have installed everything to your existing mvpmc share folder. As long as it can be shared the physical location on your drive doesn't matter to the NMT or the install process.

Martin
Thanks Martin,

I bothered changing mvpmc share directory as the old one was on a different drive that very occasionally does connect on start up, very annoying when trying to boot an MVP! Been meaning to change it for ages so thought now a good time!

Blue skin for NMT set in config now does this!

[Image: blue1.jpg]

Cheers

Steeb
Find the NMT Syntax checker sticky and post the output.

Martin
Thanks Martin,

wahat a most excellent little tool!

Could it be something to do with my screensize setting?

Cheers

Steeb
The output is nothing special but it tells me basically what I need to tell people to help them.
You are right about the screen size your config.xml setting shows as 1280x720 but for PAL you want 640x576 To ovoid bad overscan on CRT monitors I'd probably start with

MVPWidth 600
MVPHeight 536
MVPOffsetX 20
MVPOffsetY 20

Also the version number for your NMT didn't show up. This might mean your firmware is old.

Martin
Martin,

superb, I can see the main screen now!

Weird about the firmware I just received this back to me today after being RMA'd, first thing I checked was firmware up do date...... strange.

Out of interest only thing I've noticed is I can't play .mov's. MVPMC to MVP's play this but not PCH? Is that right or something I need to set here?

Cheers

Steeb
Forgive my cheek ...

... if you now have an MVP going spare I can make you an offer.
Upload your logs and I'll check the config. ,mov is a container not a media type so it is possible that the combination doesn't play natively, certainly if the source is a digital cam there could be problems. The MVP doesn't really support .mov or most media stored in a .mov file, GBPVR transcodes it.

Martin
Quote:Forgive my cheek ...

... if you now have an MVP going spare I can make you an offer.

Hi Graham, not cheeky at all, those that don't ask etc Wink Was worth the go but to be honest for now will hold onto the one that the PCH is upgrading for the same reason this got RMA'd in the 1st place! (As did Martin123's recently). It is a good back up for WAF!!! I know what you mean though, for a while ebay was littered with them but looking a lot more thin on the ground now. Sorry about that chap.

Steeb
Pages: 1 2