NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Using HDhomerun with dual tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,
I think I already know the answer to my question, but want to see if perhaps I'm wrong.
Do I have to scan in all the channels on each of the two tuners treating them as completely separate capture devices? If so, do I really have to scan in all the channels again? And how is it going to work with the programming / tvguide? Am I now going to have doubles of each channel shown? Or Only one copy and the software knows it now has two choices of tuner? Or is all this completely wrong, and I need to do this differently? I couldn't find anything that talked about the subject of the second tuner.
What is the best way to do the install for the second tuner?

Also I ended up using the Hdhomerun scan tool when I scanned in the first tuner. Worked like a charm for the Web based channelguide. But when using the LiveTv feature guide information is missing for some channels. The web based programming guide shows everything. Is there a fix for this? Does it have to do with the naming of channels? If I rename them will it effect the web based program?

Thanks,

Mab:eek:
Yes, you need to scan for each capture source you setup, so one for each tuner on your HDHomeRun.

No, you wont see the channels listed twice. It'll only list them once in the TV Guide, but when your try to use these channels, each tuner will be capable of with recording or watching those channels.

I dont understand the question about the web based channel guide. Do you see the channels in GBPVR UI (PVRX2.exe)?
Firstly, Thanks for the reply. I will try and explain my last question with pictures to make it more obvious. In pulling the pics together to show this I see that PVRX2 has channels numbered differently than in the Web TVguide, and perhaps that is why there isn't guide info to go with it?

Here is the PVRX2 version of the guide with programming data. All these pictures were taken at the same time.

[Image: PVRX2Guide.jpg]

Now here is approximately the same group of channels using the Web TVGuide. The channels with missing data are interesting missing.

[Image: WebTVGuide.jpg]

And here is where the channels ended up in the Web TVguide, with programming data.

[Image: DifferentNumberinginWebTVGuide.jpg]

So Do I change the names under channels in the "Edit Recording Source" requester window to fix this? Does that make more sense?

I swear I love this whole GB-pvr thing! I'm having so much fun I'm thinking about getting one of those haupauge hdpvr units, and connecting that to my sat box instead of using S-video, and stereo sound. I was going to get a PVR-500, and have two inputs. But being able to record in true HD would be nice. I was thinking I would be able to record my daughters playing Wii once in a while too if I got one of those things. I am wondering if they've gotten most of the bugs out of the haupauge hdpvr yet? I guess I'll have to do some more reading, and before I go for it.

Thanks,

Mab
Got the second tuner working! Yeah! It would say to anyone doing this. You don't need to run the HDhomerun Scantool again. Just scan in the channels with the GB-PVR scanner and exit. You don't need to remap the channels. I'm guessing the mapping of the first tuner give GB-PVR what it needs for this. I just recorded two concurrent programs, removed the commericals, and converted to xvid without even being there. I'm wondering what this program can't do! Because so far it has well exceeded my expectations.

For now I'll just use the Web Guide until I figure the issue with the guide in PVRX2.

I'm sure it is something really simple.

Thx,

Mab
If you start PVRx2, select the TV Guide and then scroll up so that it jumps to the last channel, do you see the channels in the 10000 range like what is shown in the weg guide?
Yes I do. I have an idea. When I did my original scan of channels using schedules direct for my tuner I had two channel lineups in my account. I had Dish, and Comcast cable. I have since removed the Dish from my lineups worried that it would interfere. But perhaps it already had? Is it cool to have two or three lineups in schedules direct?

[Image: 10000sTVguide.jpg]

Thanks for all the help.
hexibot43 Wrote:Yes I do. I have an idea. When I did my original scan of channels using schedules direct for my tuner I had two channel lineups in my account. I had Dish, and Comcast cable. I have since removed the Dish from my lineups worried that it would interfere. But perhaps it already had? Is it cool to have two or three lineups in schedules direct?
Yes, you can have multiple lineups in schedules direct but GBPVR cannot have two channel 114s so your second channel 114 will get pushed to a new number (as what has happened here).

When you set up a capture source, you can limit the channel list to a single lineup by adding a semicolon and the lineup ID to the Schedules Direct username in the GBPVR config: username;KY16673:X

I believe that you can change the displayed channel number in the "Channels" tab of the GBPVR Config (or you may have to edit the database, I can't remember). Someone else should be able to confirm this.