NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot get drag and drop favourites to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thanks McBainUK for the start of what might become the "killer plugin" for the GBPVR. I think many of us have been wating for this.

I Installed it and manged to search, add and play within GBPVR. However, I did not get the drag and drop to favourites functionality to work. I only got the "not allowed" icon trying to drag directly from spotify. Also tried to add a spotify url file but nothing came up in the list.

Finally, I saw that you have NMT support as todo. This is actually what I will need the most. Is it doable? I vote for this as being prio 1 Smile

Thanks again,

\\Agerdin
I like it!

MVP/NMT support would do it for me too - especially if you could get it to run on more than one client at the same time.

Apart from occasionaly looking for a specific track, I mainly use Spotify's Radio mode to get a random selection of tracks of whatever genre(s) I want - it would be nice if that could find it's way on to your ToDo list...

Alex
agerdin Wrote:I did not get the drag and drop to favourites functionality to work. I only got the "not allowed" icon trying to drag directly from spotify.
What OS are you running? I found that I wasn't able to drag n drop from the Spotify application to the plugin config form in Windows 7. After a lot of head-scrathing (and as much Googling) it turned out that UAC was getting in the way. You are not allowed to drag n drop from a standard process (such as the Spotify application), into a privileged process like the GB-PVR config app! That's one of the reasons I created the standalone Favourites manager. Run Favourites.exe as standard user to enable direct drag n drop from the Spotify player.

...I probably should have mentioned this in the release notes Rolleyes
agerdin Wrote:Also tried to add a spotify url file but nothing came up in the list.
Do you mean using the Add button? What URL did you try to add? Currently only Album and Track URLs are handled (not Playlist or Artist ones).

agerdin Wrote:Finally, I saw that you have NMT support as todo. This is actually what I will need the most. Is it doable? I vote for this as being prio 1
It might be doable using the Spotify API and a premium account and/or by redirecting Windows sound output but because of it's possible complextity it is lower down the todo list then some would like. I'd like to concentrate on a stable PC based solution first.
ACTCMS Wrote:I mainly use Spotify's Radio mode to get a random selection of tracks of whatever genre(s) I want - it would be nice if that could find it's way on to your ToDo list...
Unless support for this was added to the Spotify's public API this would be unlikely.
McBainUK Wrote:It might be doable using the Spotify API and a premium account and/or by redirecting Windows sound output

The second option is being used today using edcast http://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/ to stream to the NMT. If you'd like, once 1.5 is out I'll create a library that can do this generically.

Martin
McBainUK Wrote:What OS are you running? I found that I wasn't able to drag n drop from the Spotify application to the plugin config form in Windows 7. After a lot of head-scrathing (and as much Googling) it turned out that UAC was getting in the way. You are not allowed to drag n drop from a standard process (such as the Spotify application), into a privileged process like the GB-PVR config app! That's one of the reasons I created the standalone Favourites manager. Run Favourites.exe as standard user to enable direct drag n drop from the Spotify player.

I have the same problem with Win 7 and I try the standalone exe.
I even drag'n'droped a couple of urls in to a separate folder, but that didn't help either.
Next is to turn off UAC and try again...
McBainUK Wrote:Unless support for this was added to the Spotify's public API this would be unlikely.
No problem - interesting link - thanks.
7ore Wrote:I have the same problem with Win 7 and I try the standalone exe.
I even drag'n'droped a couple of urls in to a separate folder, but that didn't help either.
Next is to turn off UAC and try again...
Could you attach one of the URL shortcuts so I can try here? It might be something different in the URL file on different languages.
McBainUK Wrote:What OS are you running? I found that I wasn't able to drag n drop from the Spotify application to the plugin config form in Windows 7. After a lot of head-scrathing (and as much Googling) it turned out that UAC was getting in the way. You are not allowed to drag n drop from a standard process (such as the Spotify application), into a privileged process like the GB-PVR config app! That's one of the reasons I created the standalone Favourites manager. Run Favourites.exe as standard user to enable direct drag n drop from the Spotify player.

OK, Im running XP, but I did some more testing and I was able to drag n' drop via the desktop (drag directly from Spotify to create shortcut on desktop and then drag the shortcut to the favourites). Dragging directly to the favourites did not work even starting the favourites app separatly.

Regarding adding favourites with the add functionality, I need to do some more testing since I dont think I did it correctly.

Thanks,

\\Agerdin
Pages: 1 2 3 4