NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Argument out of range exception: Length cannot be less than zero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I'm new to gbpvr, but I'm fairly technical. I'm getting the following exception in the PVRX2.exe.log:

2010-03-31 16:50:47.031 ERROR [3] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at weather2.AccuweatherXML.ParseLocationCodes()
at weather2.AccuweatherXML.ParseWeatherXML()
at weather2.WeatherTask.UpdateWeatherThread()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Anyone seen this? I'm poking with various settings trying to figure out which is causing this. It worked successfully for a day, but is aborting today.

This is preceded by several messages "Unable to find requested skin image: ", but happens with both Blue and Slick skins. Any relevant suggestions would be appreciated.

Weather 2 version 1.1.03
Running on XP SP3.

Rich
remove weather then what happens
When I uncheck the plugin for weather 2, life is good...hence the post on this forum.
Sorry..that was a curt response. Is that what you meant or should I reconfigure the settings for my location or something?
just making sure it was the weather plugin in causing the issue
you didnt say you had done that
Just started seeing this error today. Did something change in the Accuweather data feed, maybe? had to disable Weather2 to get a usable setup.
-Leaded1
I came home to the same situation today. I had to uninstall Weather2 as I couldn't get it to stay disabled in Config. Same error in the logs as well. Bummer, because it was a useful app
I had the same problem, with PVRX2 crashing until I unchecked Weather2 in the Plug-ins list in CONFIG. I was going to post it along with my zip code thinking it might just be with the data for my area. I can see from the variety of locations where people are posting this problem that it isn't zip code related.

Hopefully, it is something that can easily be fixed. I don't like going withouit this plug-in.
It was crashing GBPVR to desktop during update during video playback. I unchecked that in config, and tried to open Weather2 in PVRX2, and it still crashes it to desktop. I am suspecting Accuweather changed something. What a bummer.
Accuweather changed a URL within an XML tag.

I will get a release out to fix this, and some other stuff, either today or tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2