NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting interlacing right.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, here is my current settup, My pc is is an AthlonXP 1700, 640 Megs DDR266 Ram, PVR-250 and a ATI Radeon 9550 using S-video out. I am hooking it up to a Sony Wega 27" SDTV North American NTSC.
I currently have my desktop resolution @ 720x480 with the Catalyst "Video Mode" enabled.
The problem I am having seems to be with interlacing. Since I only have an SDTV I am trying to keep the interlaced fields intact so that it will display correctly on my TV (de-interlaced images on my TV make my brain itch). The way it seems to be displaying right now looks as if the fields have been swapped (jittery "ghosting" images on the TV, normal interlace artifacts on the computer monitor). What is strange is that it does this in both the "live preview" and "timeshifting" modes, so it does not seem that it is a decoding issue but rather a problem with the source.
So the only thing that I can think of is to either switch the field order on the pvr-250 or switch it on the output of Radeon. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do either.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Most video-cards don't support interlaced output on the tv-out. Best thing to do is to buy a PVR350; that should give you perfect interlaced video.

A cheaper option is to de-interlace the output. I didn't have much confidence in de-interlacing, but i'm very happy with the result; even in high-action sport. I use Dscaler to deinterlace the video: http://gbpvr.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?a...hl=dscaler