NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tuner compatibility (HD Home Run?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, thanks to sub for his work on this release. I am glad to see the project get a clean coding and am excited to give NPVR a test.

Now the moment of truth for me: What tuners are supported? sub's description makes it sound like only Hauppauge devices are compatible. Will my HD Home Run work with NPVR?

BTW, I've run NPVR and nothing seems to be detected. I've messed with the software options for the HD Home Run device, but seem to be stuck.
Yes, your HDHomeRun should work fine.

When you go into the Settings screen, and click the Devices tab, is it listed?

The comment about Hauppauge devices was really in relation to analog tv support.
It's not listed under the Devices when I go into the Show Status option from the task bar icon. Perhaps I need to mess some more with the HD Home Run config software which requires me to select an PVR application?

Also despite updating DirectX before installing, I also get a DirectX error on loading which may be related. Could this be related?

2010-06-13 14:46:08.994 [ERROR][1] Error initialising Direct3D: SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)
at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Device..ctor(Direct3D direct3D, Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, IntPtr controlHandle, CreateFlags createFlags, PresentParameters[] presentParameters)
at NextPVR.Utility.Direct3DHelper..ctor(IntPtr windowHandle, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
GSpanFan Wrote:It's not listed under the Devices when I go into the Show Status option from the task bar icon. Perhaps I need to mess some more with the HD Home Run config software which requires me to select an PVR application?
Try visiting the Devices screen, then zip and attach the npvr.log and I'll take a look.

Quote:Also despite updating DirectX before installing, I also get a DirectX error on loading which may be related. Could this be related?

2010-06-13 14:46:08.994 [ERROR][1] Error initialising Direct3D: SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)
at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Device..ctor(Direct3D direct3D, Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, IntPtr controlHandle, CreateFlags createFlags, PresentParameters[] presentParameters)
at NextPVR.Utility.Direct3DHelper..ctor(IntPtr windowHandle, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Are you doing it directly on the machine, or over remote desktop?
I'm not seeing a "Devices" or "Settings" screen in NPVR, only TV Guide, Recordings, Live TV, ..., Test3. I'm running everything on a single computer, so I'm not accessing the app via remote desktop. I've attached the log file that I get when I load NPVR.

My thanks again for helping me with this.
GSpanFan Wrote:I'm not seeing a "Devices" or "Settings" screen in NPVR, only TV Guide, Recordings, Live TV, ..., Test3. I'm running everything on a single computer, so I'm not accessing the app via remote desktop. I've attached the log file that I get when I load NPVR.
Foir first time setup you need to right click, and choose 'Settings', then click the devices tab.
Aha! I didn't realize I needed to right click to access the settings screen. Everything looks clearly available from there! Thanks.