NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What actually is NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Please forgive my ignorance, where can I find information on what NPVR is and what it does?
It's the Next Personal Video Recorder. It's the next generation of GBPVR based on current hardware and suggestions that many have asked sub to include as the software has matured. There's still some work to be done and it's in beta but if you've used GBPVR, you'll like this version better after you've used it awhile.
GB-PVR was an application for watching and recording live tv. NPVR is a different application that performs the same tasks - watching and recording live tv.

GB-PVR was my old application, that will no longer be updated. NPVR is the my current application, which I will be actively supporting.
Are you saying that NPVR = GBPVR 1.5.19?
Yeah, kind of. It is a new application though, with an entirely new code base, so its not 100% accurate. The old GBPVR application is no longer being updated. On going development is on the new NPVR which replaces the old GB-PVR application.
Have a look at the GB-PVR Announcements forum & a read of sub's post & all will become clear.