NextPVR Forums

Full Version: channel logos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
tried this new release out this evening and i have to say it is the best yet. Took me 10 mins to setup without any hitches. Live tv comes up faster then i have ever seen.

Just one thing missing. Can channel logos be added or is that not currently supported?

Thanks sub.
Yes Channel Logos Are Missing.... They can be supported so don't worry, but it means updating the skins... i Know a couple are coming soon with Channel Logos.... and I'm hoping to release Channel Logo Tool to support the new skins in parrallel....
systemshark Wrote:Yes Channel Logos Are Missing.... They can be supported so don't worry, but it means updating the skins... i Know a couple are coming soon with Channel Logos.... and I'm hoping to release Channel Logo Tool to support the new skins in parrallel....

thats all i needed to hear. Big Grin

Awesome piece of software.
The Blue-Retro-VE skin I released earlier today supports channel logos
Just as an information (i stumpled 2 minutes before on it): http://www.iconharmony.com/icons/watchtv.../wicket-1/

Just enter the country and get the logos you need. Smile
Nice link Mr Draggon. Added to the wiki.
*hehe* thank you McBainUk. Smile

I have another idea. Getting channel logos is not to heavy at all. In most cases we just want channellogos usable for our "lovely" skin used in nPVR. How about to collect default logos and make something like a "default" button for channels for every skin? We could make this in ".pdn" format (Paint.NET, free to use, very powerful). Every user could contribute and make with something like this own channellogos for his country (as an example: 3 or 4 guys from germany works with this "button" and german channellogos and contribute them for a big archive, same in New Zealand, UK, Scotland, USA etc.).

This way we could make a lot of channellogos for any skin with no much effort. Would be someone interested in a project like this?

Just to go more in detail and make the first step:
You can download a free painting suite called Paint.NET here (this one is small and very powerful!): http://www.getpaint.net/download.html#download
To make a start i will spent a basic button (not too much work, but perhaps something to start dealing with): ftp://anonymous@shiningdragon.ath.cx/nPV....black.pdn

As an simple example, the channel RTL could look like this: