NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Schedules Direct support??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I do not see SD on the menus, will it be supported??
I also have a sat box setup and trying to get the mce ir blaster to work.
My pvr150 works after loading wintv7 on an XP sp3.
My 2250 worked without a hitch on a Vista Home sp2.

Thanks for your time and work on this!!!
As it's a beta, some things will take a bit longer. So hopefully, we'll see support for Schedules Direct in a few weeks as the beta matures.
You can use XMLTV to download your listings from Schedules Direct in the meantime.
And an easy GUI for xmltv and using SD is mc2xml. You can find it here.
BTW: Does anybody know of a program that can scan all my dvb-c/t frequencies for epg and produce an xmltv-file from that?
If you can't find aynthing like what you want, you could try getting your chnanel info etc, and use the below to extract the epg from the stream.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/
JonnyCam Wrote:If you can't find aynthing like what you want, you could try getting your chnanel info etc, and use the below to extract the epg from the stream.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/

Seems to be just what I wanted, THANKS!
pcostanza Wrote:And an easy GUI for xmltv and using SD is mc2xml. You can find it here.
I will bump this to say thanks. Mc2xml is easy to use for both Schedules Direct and Microsoft. I think more people should know about this.
Honestly now that MC2XML works with Schedules Direct, I'm not sure there's much need for Sub to provide explicit Schedules Direct support any more. Unless he can do something more with the SD data than MC2XML does.

I wonder if Sub could get the OK from the author of MC2XML to include it with NPVR, as he already does with FFMPEG.
johnsonx42 Wrote:Honestly now that MC2XML works with Schedules Direct, I'm not sure there's much need for Sub to provide explicit Schedules Direct support any more. Unless he can do something more with the SD data than MC2XML does.

I wonder if Sub could get the OK from the author of MC2XML to include it with NPVR, as he already does with FFMPEG.

Yea, I tend to agree and it's fine for my use but it's going to be asked.
Might be a good idea when the wiki gets working to include some of this info. It's the new, less aware users who would benefit from direct SD support. I'm sure SD would like it as well since mc2xl users don't need to grab from SD when they can get it for free from MS. But, how long can one be guaranteed MS is not going to put an end to it? They aren't good with giving things away.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5