NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Country not sticky, duplicate sets of Channels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off... seems slick!

1. My Country selection doesn't stick -always reverts to Greece, All Regions?
2. Duplicate sets of Channels? See pic. Was OK in GBPVR?
3. Some extra HK Freqs for your quick scan.

k.

Code:
[TERTYPE]
1=Hong Kong
2=Hong Kong Quick Scan All
[DVB]
;Position = Channelname,Frequency(KHz),Inversion(0,1),0,Bandwidth (7MHz=1, 8MHz=2)
0=12
1=C22,482000,1,0,8
2=C26,514000,1,0,8
3=C28,530000,1,0,8
4=C30,546000,1,0,8
5=C32,562000,1,0,8
6=C35,586000,1,0,8
7=C37,602000,1,0,8
8=C40,626000,1,0,8
9=C41,634000,1,0,8
10=C43,650000,1,0,8
11=C58,770000,1,0,8
12=C59,778000,1,0,8
I had the duplicate channels for a while, but it went away after a reboot.

I think it conked out with an error msg first, tho ;-)

Daniel
Hmmm no such luck for me! Still duped ...
Strike that - you'll only see that occuring if you have 5 or fewer channels (I think).
jksmurf Wrote:Strike that - you'll only see that occuring if you have 5 or fewer channels (I think).

Yes sub said that was a limitation.

Martin
It always fills the guide, and it'll loop around when it gets to the end of the list.

Forutnately most people have more channels than are visible in the TV Guide, so will never see this.
No such luck for me - I also have a dupe issue, and I have 30+ channels and so far 3 tunes (will be 5 when I get HDHomeRun up). I use a common XMLTV file, and have bulk-mapped the channels.

Attached are a screenshot and logfiles and a zip of config.xml

Any idea of how to get this merged?
Yours is a different issue.

Say you start NPVR and setup a first capture source (say DVB-T), then you click settings on a second DVB-T device, it'll ask if you want to copy the configuration from the already configured device. If you click 'yes', it'll duplicate the settings, and both devices will be available for recording/watching those channels. They'll only be listed once in the tv guide.

If you had clicked 'no', then the configuration would have be treated as separate, and any channels scanned would have been added as standalone channel options. You can can however merge those channels if you want, by visiting the Channels screen and selecting a few channels, then right clicking and selecting 'merge'.

In your case, you probably clicked 'no' but would have been better served by clicking 'yes' to duplicate the configuration on each capture source. The easiest fix up is going back into the extra capture sources, deleting the channels, then go back into the settings and you'll be prompted again to copy the configuration.
Thanks for the very quick response Smile Solution is spot on!

I didn't copy the contents from my DVB-C to DVB-T source, as the latter has only the FTA must-carry channels. I did the 'Merge' option you mentioned above, and it worked like a charm.

Moving the sequence of the channels seems to be a bit of a chore, as it does not update the Channel setting screen with the new number until you have left the application completely and reentered it. It is not enough to just leave Settings. The TV Guide is updated immmediately however. I'll make it work - no worries - just a small bug for when the bigger ones has been fixed. :-)
Oooops - had the weirdest thing happening.

I tried to test to record after doing the channel merging. I selected a show (The Tudors), and immediately it 'exploded' the DR2-channel to 3 instances, and also the channel next to it (TV 2 L) but no others. I was unsuccessful in getting the same behaviour from DR1 - a channel with the same tuners and properties as DR2.

In the Settings | Channels screen, they have also been split. They do not want to be merged again.

See screenshot for further. Logs attached.