NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge Remote control not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Just loaded NextPVR. Awesome!! Fantastic job.

Small issue so far in that standard 45 key Hauppaige remote does not work in menus. Works fine to skip forward and back once show is playing, but on menus have to use the keyboard.

I cant find the equivilent of the "Fix 45 button remote" from the old GB-PVR software. I addded some entries manually into the irremote.ini with heading "NextPVR" and restarted everything but still no remote in menus.

Anything else I need to do?

Cheers, Darrell.
To be honest, I've been using an MCE remote the last couple of years so didnt give too much though to the WinTV style of remote. You should be able to get it going by largely duplicating the GB-PVR section of irremote.ini and renaming it 'nPVR', and adding an 'nPVR=' to the Applications section of the ini file.

I dont have the hauppauge IR stuff in my machine at this stage, otherwise I'd test it and tell you exactly what to add.
Genius! :-)

Remote now working, but unfortunately have a new problem. And its a goodun'

When I use remote and press the same key more than once, E.G. scrolling down a list of shows, the first press moves one place, the second press moves 2 places, then the third press moves 3 places. Each subsequent press then moves 3 places. If I then press a different ket the sequence resets. 1 place, 2 places, then 3 places.

To be honest I had the same problem in GBPVR and was hoping the upgrade would make it go away. :-)

I cant find the logs in NextPVR to send you. Anyone have any ideas?

Apart from these niggling remote issues nPVR is great, and as soon as I stop messing about a donation will be made and is well earned. :-) The improvements to setup alone are 1000 times easier.

I am off to resetup all my recurring shows. These didnt get restored from GBPVE recordings backup, but assume thats normal.

Cheers, Darrell.
sub Wrote:To be honest, I've been using an MCE remote the last couple of years so didnt give too much though to the WinTV style of remote. You should be able to get it going by largely duplicating the GB-PVR section of irremote.ini and renaming it 'nPVR', and adding an 'nPVR=' to the Applications section of the ini file.

I dont have the hauppauge IR stuff in my machine at this stage, otherwise I'd test it and tell you exactly what to add.

That worked fine for my Hauppauge remote -- Thanks
I still have couple of buttons not working that work in gb-pvr. The keyboard shortcuts work but not the remote:

The stop button, and the 4 color buttons for info etc
Duplicating the the section of remote.ini worked great, but still no volume control for me...
I still have the multiple key press problem and it's driving me nuts!

Thinking about what sub said about using mce remote, and maybe have another solution. I use a universal remote. It's a logitech harmony 555. If anyone has a make and model number of a working hauppauge mce remote then maybe I can setup the universal remote to mimic it?

I think it needs to be a hauppauge one as I'm using the hauppauge ir receiver. Maybe worth a go.

Anyone?
dazzaxjr Wrote:I still have the multiple key press problem and it's driving me nuts!

Thinking about what sub said about using mce remote, and maybe have another solution. I use a universal remote. It's a logitech harmony 555. If anyone has a make and model number of a working hauppauge mce remote then maybe I can setup the universal remote to mimic it?

I think it needs to be a hauppauge one as I'm using the hauppauge ir receiver. Maybe worth a go.

Anyone?

Have you looked at HIP? Im' using it, but I don't know if if can read the Haup. IR-sensor. Maybe worth checking.
dazzaxjr Wrote:I still have the multiple key press problem and it's driving me nuts!
From NPVR's (and GBPVR's) perspective, the remote is handled outside of the app, and translated into fake key presses that are sent to the app. Assuming you dont have that problem with a real keyboard, then its sounding like that external IR software that is creating this problem.

Quote:Thinking about what sub said about using mce remote, and maybe have another solution. I use a universal remote. It's a logitech harmony 555. If anyone has a make and model number of a working hauppauge mce remote then maybe I can setup the universal remote to mimic it?
The Hauppauge MCE remote uses a different receiver than the retail receiver, so its not that simple unfortunately.
sub Wrote:From NPVR's (and GBPVR's) perspective, the remote is handled outside of the app, and translated into fake key presses that are sent to the app. Assuming you dont have that problem with a real keyboard, then its sounding like that external IR software that is creating this problem.

The Hauppauge MCE remote uses a different receiver than the retail receiver, so its not that simple unfortunately.

Another option is to check out eBay, there are some super cheap MCE Remote/Receiver combos there. I'm sure the remotes are pure junk, but the USB receiver ought to do the job and since you have a nice Harmony Remote, that may be the way to go if MCE will have better support. I'm thinking in the same direction since I have a Harmony 550.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7