NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Any plans for NPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Mister Slimm, any plans for updating your utilities for NPVR or have you moved on (I read you no longer use GB-PVR)?
I think some of the tray icon function is now in NPVR but I'm particularly interested in GBPVRCli. If it is dead anybody know of an alternative way to get future recordings out of the database and into a text file.
thanks again.
EWA can produce RSS feeds (well, it did in the PVRX2 version, sure that hasn't changed) and you can get those into text files (with a bit of poking)
Or depending on what you need them for, RSS may do the job, and you could point "your app" to the live feed, so no need for the files.

If there is not going to be a new version, that is.
At this time, it is not my intention to update for NPVR.

Thank you for your interest, though.
Mister Slimm Wrote:At this time, it is not my intention to update for NPVR.

Thank you for your interest, though.

No problem, I'll find an alternative such as the possible RSS method mentioned. Thanks again though for the great utilities over the years.
Just to update in case it helps anybody else. I've replaced GBPVRcli in my setup for NPVR with SQLITE3 cli commands direct to the database. It was actually quite easy to do especially after cribbing some example syntax from an old post by user pBS. Using it to get pending/in-progress recordings into a text file for display with LCDSmartie on my LED display. Happy to share.
b00sfuk Wrote:Just to update in case it helps anybody else. I've replaced GBPVRcli in my setup for NPVR with SQLITE3 cli commands direct to the database. It was actually quite easy to do especially after cribbing some example syntax from an old post by user pBS. Using it to get pending/in-progress recordings into a text file for display with LCDSmartie on my LED display. Happy to share.

Please do!!

How do you display it on your IMON? Are you using the plugin? I'm using the new version of the IMON software(i think i have to because it is V2 of the IMON hardware i have?!?), and i can't figure out howto eg. display the text from a txt-file...
mila06 Wrote:Please do!!

How do you display it on your IMON? Are you using the plugin? I'm using the new version of the IMON software(i think i have to because it is V2 of the IMON hardware i have?!?), and i can't figure out howto eg. display the text from a txt-file...

I use iMON as well and most of what I did is documented in this old post: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=32818
I do not use the plugin as I don't want to display what is playing. I use only LCDSmartie (with imon frontiview software set to plug-in mode) to display on the imon VFD.

The SQL I'm testing now for NPVR (and similar will work with GBPVR) is (with thanks to pBS):
Code:
REM pending 2 recordings

"sqlite3.exe" -separator " -- " "npvr.db3" "SELECT name from SCHEDULED_RECORDING where status = '0' order by start_time limit 2;" > "D:\TEMP\SQL\Prog.log"

"sqlite3.exe" -separator " -- " "npvr.db3" "SELECT strftime('%%d-%%m %%H:%%M',start_time) from SCHEDULED_RECORDING where status = '0' order by start_time limit 2;" > "D:\TEMP\SQL\Time.log"

Rem IN-PROGRESS
"sqlite3.exe" -separator " -- " "npvr.db3" "SELECT name from SCHEDULED_RECORDING where status = '1' order by start_time limit 3;" > "D:\TEMP\SQL\InProg.log"

"sqlite3.exe" -separator " -- " "npvr.db3" "SELECT strftime('%%H:%%M',end_time) from SCHEDULED_RECORDING where status = '1' order by start_time limit 3;" > "D:\TEMP\SQL\InTime.log"

REM pending 1 recording for USBPORTEXIT for imon standby message

"sqlite3.exe" -separator " -- " "npvr.db3" "SELECT name from SCHEDULED_RECORDING where status = '0' order by start_time limit 1;" > "D:\TEMP\SQL\USBPORTEXIT.txt"

"sqlite3.exe" -separator " -- " "npvr.db3" "SELECT strftime('%%d-%%m %%H:%%M',start_time) from SCHEDULED_RECORDING where status = '0' order by start_time limit 1;" >> "D:\TEMP\SQL\USBPORTEXIT.txt"
Thanks!!!

That's it.. The new IMON hasn't got the plugin-mode :-(
mila06 Wrote:Thanks!!!

That's it.. The new IMON hasn't got the plugin-mode :-(

Are you sure, right click imon icon, then imon utilities, then frontview. I have "plug-in" as rightmost selectable icon