NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No video/audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I should probably start by saying that I am new to NPVR, and have never installed GB-PVR. Instead I plunged straight into NPVR understanding that it is beta, and without ‘carried-forward’ files. I found the installation straight forward; maybe too straight-forward given what’s happened.
I have:
read through the user manual, installed vcredist x86.zip, installed NPVR, configured the system including tuning my Hauppauge Nova T 500 (not the TD as I think was the device identified during the install) , searched the forums, and tried the various codec(settings/decoders). I have also tried Live TV, Watch, and Open File playback with the results below. From what has happened I suspect the codec but thought I might save myself some grief, if before I start fooling around, I get some expert help. As a bit of extra info; I have/can use WinTV v7 (with ArcSoft ASAudio.ax and ASVid.ax), PowerCinema 5 to watch/record DVB. Yes, both are still installed but were not running. I use Vista Ultimate (kept up to date), and meet the minimum computer system requirements.
Live TV
No video or audio. I have tried various codec combinations.
With some I get ‘...please wait...’ and then the system goes ‘not responding’. On other occaisions I get a black screen (on one of my tries the channel indicator showed that I was able to change channels). I’ve had ‘device failed to start’ but I cannot recreate this at the moment. You get the idea!
TV Guide
No video or audio with ‘watch’.
Record seems to work OK as I can playback with PowerDVD9 and WinTV v7 but not with ‘open files’.
I have the utility InstalledCodec installed and can give you further details if required.
Sorry if this post is too verbose and contrary to protcol. I was unsure of how much detail you would need.
First of all Welcome!
As you will find out, the main help is if you post your log files. You just select them and send to a zip file then upload them. They are in the NPVR directory on the public side.

It does sound like a decoder issue, but there are a host of possibilities.
Did you go to the Device screen and scan for you channels? Did it find them ok?

Assuming you got your channels in there, then as soccerdad says above, we'd need to look at the logs.
I don't think my last attempt at a reply worked so here we go again.

soccerdad
Thanks for the welcome and the help

sub
Yes all the channels were there. I did swap PRIME to channel #9 and C42 to #11. Noticed that the source column was blank.

zip file attached (I hope)
I think you forgot to push the "Upload" button... Smile
Reddwarf
Thanks. Here goes again
It seems that you haven't installed DirectX 9, npvr needs version 9 of DirectX.
Reddwarf
I am running DirectX 11. Is that no good? It must be v9?
Hal2010 Wrote:Reddwarf
I am running DirectX 11. Is that no good? It must be v9?

From your log:

2010-06-17 11:14:43.452 [ERROR][1] Error initialising Direct3D: SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3DX9NotFoundException: Direct3DX 9 was not found. Please install the latest DirectX end-user redistributable package from Microsoft. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at D3DXCheckVersion(UInt32 , UInt32 )
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D..ctor()
at NextPVR.Utility.Direct3DHelper..ctor(IntPtr windowHandle, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

It was said in another post in the support forum that is has to be version 9.
Reddwarf
Well spotted! The DirectX Diagnostic Tool tells me I am running DirectX11 so I hadn't seen the nedd to upgrade; yet the download site you linked me to indicates that the latest version is 9. I am confused but never mind. Am about to start download and install. Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6