NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR and transcoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, live TV is working, analog and digital tuners are working. Recordings are imported. NPVR is beautiful.

But...
Is there any way to transcode files from TS automatically which will also update the database (I must profess I haven't recorded anything yet)? I know I can do the conversion via batch, but is there an automatic option as in GBPVR?

Is the Daemon Tools option gone (I think I know the answer to this one)?

Thanks for the work Sub. The new improved version feels generally slicker and like a giant step forward.
mark_lt Wrote:So, live TV is working, analog and digital tuners are working. Recordings are imported. NPVR is beautiful.
Great.

Quote:But...
Is there any way to transcode files from TS automatically which will also update the database (I must profess I haven't recorded anything yet)? I know I can do the conversion via batch, but is there an automatic option as in GBPVR?
There is nothing built in to transcode files. I'm preferring to stick with .ts files, and future features like client/server support will be based on .ts files etc, so not wanting to actively encourage transcoding (but can understand if people want to do it anyway).

That said, if you do convert files and delete the original .ts file, it should detect the new file and update the database automatically.

Quote:Is the Daemon Tools option gone (I think I know the answer to this one)?
There is no Daemon Tools support at this stage, but it'll probably make a return.

Quote:Thanks for the work Sub. The new improved version feels generally slicker and like a giant step forward.
Cheers.
sub Wrote:That said, if you do convert files and delete the original .ts file, it should detect the new file and update the database automatically.

Yep, I wondered about that myself, and tried to convert a recording to a .avi file and deleted the original. NPVR plays it without hassle Smile
Thanks. Suspected as much regarding transcoding on wandering through the config. Appreciate the fast response.
To add to this thread which is slightly old now...

As I am transcoding the recordings and then deleting the TS, is there a way I can speed up the recordings menu. As soon as I transcode and delete through the postprocessing bat once, it slows right down, and the only fix is to export recordings, remove the database and import them again. Is that just bad luck for me, or is there something I could call from the postprocessing.bat?

Mark
How many would you be converting at time? You shouldnt notice any difference in speed going into the recording screen if you've transcoded 5 or so recordings.

Are you sure you dont have other recordings in your database that are in a non-existant directory, like network drive? These can cause a more substantial slow down, as it tries to work out which recordings are still on disk etc.
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. At the most it would be five recordings from the previous night. As for network files, nope, none. Everything runs and is saved on this PC.

I've been trying to figure out when it speeds up again (because it does). After new recordings it takes about 25 seconds to open up the recordings screen and the same amount of time to change from Ready, to New. It doesn't speed up after the initial trawl either.

It does speed up again after a bit of time, but not sure when. What is the process is goes through so I can make sure I get things working according to the way you planned it?

Is it because the TS files are no longer there (replaced by MP4s?).
Approximately how many recordings do you have?
sub Wrote:Approximately how many recordings do you have?
That should be ok.

If you temporarily set <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> and <CheckForRenamedRecordings> to false, does it help?
Pages: 1 2 3 4