NextPVR Forums

Full Version: neXt PVR doesn't honour the AutoTune Registry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi sub!

While using GB-PVR i've made a few registryentrys in the path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune which worked excellent. All channels were exactly there, where they should be.

With the latest nPVR release i am finally able to watch tv with my hvr 2200 and pvr 500 (but with a higher CPU usage then GB-PVR -> ~9-20% CPU Usage on a Intel Q6600 is a bit too much; GB-PVR took with the same decoders ~5-15% CPU Usage). But nevermind, that is not the problem.

The problem is: nPVR doesn't honour above registry entries like:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune\TS49-0]
"1"=dword:0adcea10
"2"=dword:0bb28990
"3"=dword:0a721a50
"4"=dword:07f13bd0
"5"=dword:07866c10

In other words: the channels in the xml are not the same, nPVR plays back. I have a lot of blue screens (not the legendary BSODs... ^^Wink which indicates, that the frequencies are wrong.

Thank you for adding/fixing in advise. Smile

PS: EVR Zoom is really nice. Btw., i am missing the channelinfo in the miniguide while watching live tv. I see only the program itself, is this correct?
ShiningDragon Wrote:Hi sub!

While using GB-PVR i've made a few registryentrys in the path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune which worked excellent. All channels were exactly there, where they should be.

With the latest nPVR release i am finally able to watch tv with my hvr 2200 and pvr 500 (but with a higher CPU usage then GB-PVR -> ~9-20% CPU Usage on a Intel Q6600 is a bit too much; GB-PVR took with the same decoders ~5-15% CPU Usage). But nevermind, that is not the problem.

The problem is: nPVR doesn't honour above registry entries like:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune\TS49-0]
"1"=dword:0adcea10
"2"=dword:0bb28990
"3"=dword:0a721a50
"4"=dword:07f13bd0
"5"=dword:07866c10

In other words: the channels in the xml are not the same, nPVR plays back. I have a lot of blue screens (not the legendary BSODs... ^^Wink which indicates, that the frequencies are wrong.

Thank you for adding/fixing in advise. Smile
Nothing has changed on this front. NPVR uses the same Microsoft tuning API for analog (IAMTVTuner->put_Channel()), and behind that API Microsoft will use these frequency overrides.

Quote:PS: EVR Zoom is really nice. Btw., i am missing the channelinfo in the miniguide while watching live tv. I see only the program itself, is this correct?
Are you talking about the info that is shown when you press the up/down buttons? Yes, it only shows the show name, so that it can also show the next show name, without using up too much of the screen.
sub Wrote:Nothing has changed on this front. NPVR uses the same Microsoft tuning API for analog (IAMTVTuner->put_Channel()), and behind that API Microsoft will use these frequency overrides.
Interesting... i have currently gbpvr and npvr running on this machine. gbpvr displays the correct channels in the right order (ARD=1, ZDF=2 etc.), while npvr displays on a few channels nothing (wrong tuning), and on the other channels wrong stations. What could this be? I remember that we could choose between analog and cable tv within gbpvr, in npvr i doesn't find anything like this (perhaps this is the point?)

sub Wrote:Are you talking about the info that is shown when you press the up/down buttons? Yes, it only shows the show name, so that it can also show the next show name, without using up too much of the screen.
Yep, exactly that. Is it possible to add the channelname or alternativly a channellogo?
ShiningDragon Wrote:Interesting... i have currently gbpvr and npvr running on this machine. gbpvr displays the correct channels in the right order (ARD=1, ZDF=2 etc.), while npvr displays on a few channels nothing (wrong tuning), and on the other channels wrong stations. What could this be? I remember that we could choose between analog and cable tv within gbpvr, in npvr i doesn't find anything like this (perhaps this is the point?)
When you import the channels, the top of that screen has a field to choose between antenna and cable. You must have had the wrong one selected when you imported.

Quote:Yep, exactly that. Is it possible to add the channelname or alternativly a channellogo?
It doesnt show the channel name, and channel number, immediately above the now/next info. I'll try to add the channel icon too.
sub Wrote:It doesnt show the channel name, and channel number, immediately above the now/next info. I'll try to add the channel icon too.

I think "doesnt" is supposed to = "does" in this message as I'm sure it shows them.
lol - yes sorry. It *does* show the channel name and number.

I've added the channel icon for the next build.
Sorry sub, something seems not to be working as it should. I deleted all channels and imported via cable settings -> wrong orders, empty channels. Again i deleted all channels and imported this time via antenna settings -> the same like before (i even restarted the npvr app meanwhile). It really looks like, that npvr doesn't look in the tuning space in the registry, where the frequencies are mapped to the channelnumbers. GB-PVR makes this without any problem. Mhm. Undecided

Here you can see the difference, on the left side is npvr, on the right side is gb-pvr. Station 25 should playback n24 (news station), gb-pvr does it right, npvr not.
[Image: zwischenablage01u66p.jpg]

sub Wrote:I've added the channel icon for the next build.
Thank you ^.^

PS: Even if i have a few startproblems with npvr: it looks really promising and has already many good things. Keep on the great work. ;D
Try viewing this same channel in gbpvr and npvr, then post the npvr.log/nrecord.log and the pvrx2.exe.log/prvx2.exe-native.log and I'll take a look.
Hello sub, like you advised the logfiles. I hope you can find something inside them.
Mhm, still no idea, sub? Anyone?
Pages: 1 2 3 4