NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Fullscreen mode at Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've see threads with similar titles, but not describing the issue I'm experiencing, I hope it has not been raised previously.

I have "Start in fullscreen mode" enabled
When I start Next-PVR it is in "fullscreen mode", i.e. there are no boarders or title bar, but it only occupies about 25% of the screen, in the upper left corner {alt}{enter} brings it back to windowed mode and the second time it comes back fullscreen as expected. I'm sure it wasn't like this when I first tried Next-PVR, but I haven't managed to find anything to fix this.
Any help appreciated
Chees
You can fix this with regedit - just delete the screen postition & size values in the HKLM\Software\npvr key. Or it might be in HKCU\Software\npvr key. I can't access my NPVR machine at the moment to check the exact location, but you'll know it when you find it.
Excellent, that fixed it thanks johnsonx42
The key is in HKCU\Software\npvr

While there I noticed another key SORT_NEW_RECORDINGS with a value of SORT_DATE_DESC
that's exactly what I'd like it to be and it does retain that sort order during the current session, but after restarting NPVR it always defaults to Date Sort (oldest first) although the reg key still says SORT_DATE_DESC
sub is still working on the sort features, and did not publicize it when he released the last build; call it half finished. Let's not pester him on any of that until he says it's ready to use.
Mine is exhibiting the same behavior when resuming from sleep. Would this be the same cause and would I delete the Videos_View entry itself or just the value?
ToughRowToHoe Wrote:Mine is exhibiting the same behavior when resuming from sleep. Would this be the same cause and would I delete the Videos_View entry itself or just the value?

Probably not the same issue. Most likely it's due to Windows switching resolutions when coming out of sleep. My machine sometimes does the same thing when I turn off the TV and later turn it back on.
I thought Windows might be switching from Basic to Aero causing the problem, but turning Aero off didsn't seem to effect it. I did it after the problem occurred and it didn't seem to fix it, but maybe I just need to run it that way? I'll check. It doesn't seem to be changing the desktop resolution which is 1080P.
Switching from Aero to Basic does not fix it.
Haven't had time to look at any of the problems I was still having. I had increased the delay on my Harmony remote so I only had this half screen problem when the computer wasn't asleep when I turned on the TV. It is an EDID handshake related problem. This MediaPortal thread has info on fixes/workarounds:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/operat...een-71785/
whurlston Wrote:Probably not the same issue. Most likely it's due to Windows switching resolutions when coming out of sleep. My machine sometimes does the same thing when I turn off the TV and later turn it back on.
I get both of these. At the moment I've just assigned a button on my Hauppage remote to send alt-enter commands which restores NPVR to full screen.

Although I might try the AutoHotKey script here (after modifiing it to work with NPVR rather than MediaPortal of course). After trying the VNC option.

Anyone know of a ready-made, elegant and automatic solution?

The're
Pages: 1 2