NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Search Guide, System, and Find All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sub, any plans on adding Search and System to the Main Menu? I use these a lot to find shows and to make sure I have enough HDD space for pending recordings. I also use FIND ALL if I am in the TV GUIDE and a show has already started but I want to find a future broadcast so I can have a complete show recorded. Also having FIND ALL in the Recordings was something I had always wished for since at times I am reminded to find more shows based on something I hadn't setup for recurring recordings.
I apologize for making so many threads at once but things came to me little by little and I didn't want to delete a thread you already be responding to.
I'd love to see a return of the System menu too.

Also, are there plans to include shortcut keys to the various sections? Eg, in GBPVR, I can map buttons to my remote to quickly take me to Live TV, Videos, Recordings, System, and so on.

Haven't had a chance to play with the latest beta yet, but it's sounding good from the changelog.

Iain
imilne Wrote:Also, are there plans to include shortcut keys to the various sections? Eg, in GBPVR, I can map buttons to my remote to quickly take me to Live TV, Videos, Recordings, System, and so on.
You've always been able to do this in NPVR. It uses the same keys as GBPVR. ie F1 = Guide, F2 = Live TV etc.
The Search menu option will probably be added in the next week or two.

I hadnt intended to add the equivalent of the System screen. Maybe in a future release though.
Ah, my bad on the keyboard shortcuts.

sub Wrote:I hadnt intended to add the equivalent of the System screen. Maybe in a future release though.

No rush obviously, but I'd argue that it's pretty important for proper "you'd-never-know-it's-windows" functionality. Being able to control sleep/shutdown etc from within the app increases the WAF no end.

Iain
i'd rather see custom menu entries, as you can make your own sleep button then..Smile
[among other things, like powerdvd launching for bdroms,etc..]
pBS Wrote:i'd rather see custom menu entries, as you can make your own sleep button then..Smile
[among other things, like powerdvd launching for bdroms,etc..]

I'd hope that adding custom entries was already on sub's todo list.

Perhaps one of us should write the System functionality as a plugin? I'm happy to volunteer as I'd like a way to contribute more (although I've never tried writing one before).

Iain