NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem with seeking during recorded TV playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with seeking when playing back record TV. It will skip a few times, but then the timeline says 00:00 on both ends and it wont skip anymore.

Is this a known issue?

NZ Freeview HD, HVR-2250, Media Centre Remote.
here are the logs and a screen cap to show you what I mean.
I've seen this on several recordings. I believe this is caused by a glitch in the transport stream that confuses the timeline; in GB-PVR this used to make the timeline go nutty, with hundreds or thousands of hours of duration or a huge negative number. NPVR seems to just go to all zeroes. This is one of the downsides of the TS Mux, and partly why I used DVR-MS with GB-PVR. I'm sure Sub had his reasons for going to "all ts, all the time" with NPVR, but it does have some unfortunate consequences.

Hey, sub, can you post that utility you had that could cut out a piece of a .TS file? Perhaps if we get you some samples of files that hose the timeline you could make your ts reader more robust?
I'm out of town at the moment, but bump the thread in a couple of days and I'll take a look.
bump, thanks sub.