NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Duplicate channel listings in TV Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have only four channels mapped from my HDHomeRun, but they show up twice (in sequence) in the TV Guide (i.e., 1, 2, 3, 4 and 1, 2, 3, 4). Maybe this is just to fill up the space, but it seems more likely that it is showing the channels for each of the two tuners separately.

At any rate, I have both tuners connected to the same cable and so the shows are identical. I would prefer that they show up only once in the TV Guide, and blanks for the unused spaces, as it was with GB-PVR. Is this possible?
It is filling the space (or so I was told). When I first installed it, I only had one channel and this filled the TV guide with, I think, eight entries.
OK, I trust that Sub will take care of this in the final version, since it would affect everyone that uses only a few channels. (Or maybe I need to find more channels.)
I suspect there won't be a fix for that from sub, as it's a pretty rare case to have less than 7 channels. Fortunately you can fix it yourself. Just edit the Guide.XML file in the NPVR\Skin\Default\TV Guide folder. First look for the following element:
Code:
<Element name="Guide" location="20.5,20" size="78,6.5" alpha="230" [color=red]visibleChannels="7"[/color] wrapText="false" backgroundColor="Black" selectedColor="DarkGreen" recordingColor="DarkRed" recordingSelectedColor="Red">
        <Rect location="0,0" size="100,100" fillColor="Black"/>
    </Element>
You can see where to change the number of channels. Once you set that to 4, I suspect you'll have to mess with the sizing and position of other elements to get it looking right. Have fun!
Yes, that works fine. I don't see the need to change anything else. Thanks.
Glad to hear it didn't require any other tweaking, that makes it much easier.

It'd be nice if the skin file could just reference a variable for VisibleChannels, and then have that variable set in Settings along-side the parameter for how much time to show.