NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No audio on recordings since latest nPVR built
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi sub!

Since upgrading from .21 to .24 of nPVR (upgrade / uninstall/install / w/wo reboot) i have no sound anymore on my recordings.

Before it was like this:

LiveTV had audio only if i choosed Microsoft Audio Decoder, no other Decoder produced audio.
Recordings had only audio with the Power DVD 7.3 Decoder, no audio with the Microsoft Audio Decoder.

ATM i have only audio on LiveTV with the Microsoft Audio Decoder, but no audio from the recordings, regardless which decoder i choose (of course i tried restart nPVR / Recording Service after decoderchange).

My logfiles are attached, perhaps you can find something. Smile

PS: No problem with GB-PVR, this one works perfectly.
What type recordings are these? Do they have MPEG1 Layer II audio or AC3 audio or something else?

Have you tried decoders other than 'CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7)' and 'MPEG Audio Decoder'? The latter is known to not decode many DVB audio streams, so isnt a great choice.
Thank you for the reply. Smile
The recordings are normale recordings from GB-PVR captured with my HVR-2200 and PVR-500 mce's, also MPEG1 Layer II. There is absolutely no problem to playback via GB-PVR or Windows Media Player with the mentioned ds decoders mentioned before. Just to be sure, i just removed all other decoders (and even nero burning rom), restarted and tested the setup: nPVR won't give me sound. Sad Because i won't ever use DVB, there is no problem for me to stuck with Power DVD 7.3 Decoder or the Microsoft Audio Decoder. Which Decoder would you recommend for MPEG1 playback otherwise?
I'm away today+tomorrow, but if you bump the thread after that, then I'll take a look for you.
bump

Now we have to find a solution for this "special" problem. ^^

So, just tested with two machines. The Windows 7 machine has no problems with Live TV and recorded stuff if it's using the microsoft decoder. The Vista machine has the described problems with the microsoft decoder. I'll play around a little with additional decoders.
Can you post a short recording for me to download?