NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR does not honor tuner priority
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried recording the grand-prix off of the HD-PVR which is first on the list in capture devices, but NPVR used the HRV1600 on ATSC channel 6 CBC which does not carry the F1 schedule,. The channel changed on the stb but the recording was from the Antenna on the HRV1600. Both capture devices have their own epg.

On a second note, I did not find the Map digital channel to epg from SD. It works fine on GB-PVR.

Paul
paf077 Wrote:I tried recording the grand-prix off of the HD-PVR which is first on the list in capture devices, but NPVR used the HRV1600 on ATSC channel 6 CBC which does not carry the F1 schedule,. The channel changed on the stb but the recording was from the Antenna on the HRV1600. Both capture devices have their own epg.
Was the device list priority set before you scheduled the recording? The recordings are allocated to tuners at scheduling time.

Quote:On a second note, I did not find the Map digital channel to epg from SD. It works fine on GB-PVR.
I dont understand what you're saying.
sub Wrote:Was the device list priority set before you scheduled the recording? The recordings are allocated to tuners at scheduling time..
How do you set the device list priority? In settings the HRV1600 ATSC is the first on the list, the HD-PVR is second and HR1600 analog is third.

Quote:I dont understand what you're saying
I have Schedules Direct listing for the off the air HD channels and Ican't find how to incorporate it in the epg. In GB-PVR there's and option to map digital channels to EPG listings but none in NPVR.

Paul
The priority should be top down on the devices screen. As mentioned though, the priority is set at scheduling time though, so if you change the device order later, these changes wont be reflected on existing recordings.

Schedules Direct isnt directly supported at this stage. You need to go via xmltv at this stage. I will be adding Schedule Direct support in the near future though.
Well itr works ok after I switched the HD-PVR froim first on the list to second.

As for schedules direct, the listings are downloded and procrssed through i-xmltv. I have 2 line-ups both in .xml. but can only get one for the HD-PVR, the HRV1600 ATSC tuner does not have an option for a xml epg in the device setup. Just a scan.

Paul
paf077 Wrote:I have 2 line-ups both in .xml. but can only get one for the HD-PVR
Go into the HDPVR settings screen, hit the 'import' button and select the first xmltv file, then hit the 'import' button again and select the second xmltv file. This will get both of your xmltv line-ups imported.

Quote:the HRV1600 ATSC tuner does not have an option for a xml epg in the device setup. Just a scan.
That is the way its designed to work, and makes things much easier for new users.
- A new GBPVR user couldnt watch any TV until they'd fluffed around trying to work out what EPGs are and where to get an xmltv file for their area, then scanned and mapped each of the channels.
- NPVR does the reverse process. The new user just scans for channels, then can watch them, with no xmltv or epg required. If they want to assign an EPG to those channel later they can. ie, just go to the Channels screen and hit 'bulk map'. In many parts of the world, the default broadcast EPG will be enough and they'll never have to do this. (For QAM users where the channel name is usually not in the broadcast and they need to watch the channel for a little while to work it out, they can watch live tv and right click to select the EPG source when they know what the channel is).

ie, no more steps than GBPVR involved, infact usually less. Its different from how GBPVR does it so might be confusing for GBPVR users migrating, but better in my book, with less requirements on first time users.
For the HD-PVR it found the found the right EPG data xml file on it's own, so I see what you mean when you say it's easier for new users.

Now if only I could get the 45 button remote working as in GB-PVR. I'd would switch permanently.

ThanKs again for the quick replies.

Paul