NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot Record Two Simultaneous Programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Every time I try to record two shows at the same time, Nprv seems to crash and generates a crash.mdmp file. Single recordings seem to work okay. I have included the logs and dump file in case this helps.
What type of tuner?
sub Wrote:What type of tuner?

Oops, sorry - guess that would help. I have an HR Homerun tuner recording over the air (ATSC). The OS is Windows 7. I disabled UAC thinking maybe this was the culprit, but it still fails.
Sub,

I forgot to mention that after the failures occur, the recording screen gives the same message that many other people have described - "Recording service not running at recording time", and that the recording service then needed to be started (the error appeared to have stopped it).
Since no one else has similar reported problems, I decided the issue had to be related to my setup. So I decided to bite the bullet and reinstall my system from scratch. The system itself is a Zotac dual core atom processor with Nvidia ION graphics, operating system is Windows 7 ultimate.

I just finished the reinstall and tried my first test at recording using Nprv. I started two Quick recordings from the TV Guide screen, one right after the other. Both shows on the TV Guide screen turned red to indicate they were recording. The first recording appeared to start normally and recorded approximately 30 MB of data before hanging, the 2nd created a directory for the recording, but did not even create a zero length file for the recording itself. I tried to view the status from the ntay.exe menu but it would not display. I went into settings for Npvr and tried to show the status from there, and this hung the NextPvr.exe application. I checked the Nrecord.exe service and it was still running, using about 2% cpu utilization, but nothing was being recorded. I tried to stop the service, but received a message that the service was not responding. I have attached the logs but it doesn't look to me like they contain anything useful to troubleshoot the problem.

Is there a way to increase the logging level in Npvr or anything else I can do or provide to help figure out why I cannot record?

Note: Unlike previously, there was no system crash, system just hung. When I did restart the system and went into the recordings screen, both recordings had the message that the recording service was not running at recording time.
Not sure why I didn't think of this last time, but I decided to swap the priority of the two tuners in Npvr setup so that the first recording would occur on the 2nd tuner. I did this and attempted another recording, the recording never started and the recording service stopped.

Both of these tuners work fine in GbPvr so I do not think it is a hardware problem. Once again I posted the Nrecord.log file. Next I will try rescanning the channels on the 2nd tuner and see if this makes a difference (the 2nd tuner was setup as a copy config from the first).
Hmmm. I just restarted the recording service so I could rescan the channels (I did this before the previous failed recording was over). When the recording service was restarted, the previously failed recording started recording successfully on the 2nd tuner, so apparently the hardware is not a problem. Now I am more confused than ever.
tjb Wrote:Hmmm. I just restarted the recording service so I could rescan the channels (I did this before the previous failed recording was over). When the recording service was restarted, the previously failed recording started recording successfully on the 2nd tuner, so apparently the hardware is not a problem. Now I am more confused than ever.

I was able to reproduce this repeatedly (3 or 4 times) although sometimes the recording service would hang, other times just stop. The last time it hung, and when I tried to stop the service I got a Microsoft .NET Framework unhandled exception. Just in case it helps, the text was:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Server stack trace:
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadAndMatchFourBytes(Byte[] buffer)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientSocketHandler.ReadHeaders()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at NShared.IRecordingService.CancelRecording(ScheduledRecording scheduledRecording)
   at NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.CancelRecording(ScheduledRecording scheduledRecording)
   at NextPVR.TV.ShowDetailsPopup.HandleCommand(String command)
   at NextPVR.TV.ShowDetailsPopup.HandleButtonCommand(String buttonName)
   at NUtility.Controls.UiButtonList.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at NextPVR.TV.ShowDetailsPopup.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at NextPVR.ControllerForm.OnKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at NextPVR.ControllerForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
NextPVR
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NPVR/NextPVR.exe
NShared
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NPVR/NShared.DLL
NUtility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NPVR/NUtility.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.65.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.65.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NPVR/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.Entity
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.Entity/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.Entity.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Test1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NPVR/NUtility.dll
Test2
Test3
SlimDX
    Assembly Version: 2.0.8.42
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NPVR/SlimDX.DLL
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4926
    Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4926
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a/msvcm90.dll
taglib-sharp
    Assembly Version: 2.0.3.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NPVR/taglib-sharp.DLL
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Unmanaged
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3840.25090
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NPVR/Unmanaged.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box
Do you have dynamic tuner allocation enabled in the HDHomeRun setup?
whurlston Wrote:Do you have dynamic tuner allocation enabled in the HDHomeRun setup?

Yes, I do. Is that the correct setting? I also have the application set to GbPrv
Pages: 1 2 3 4