NextPVR Forums

Full Version: live tv freezes when recording starts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We were watching the MLB All-Star game tonight when a recording started on another channel at 6:30pm. Rather than pick the other tuner, the recording service stole the tuner we were using and the picture froze. I was able to simply exit back to the TV Guide and restart live tv. This is at least the second time I've seen this happen. Logs attached.

Yes, I do have all the same channels enabled on both tuners, there's no reason it couldn't have used the other tuner for the recording.

If this intelligence is just something you've not implemented yet, no problem. Just wanted to report it in case it's supposed to be smarter than this.
I'll put this on my list of things to check.
I have the same problem using a single HVR-1950 on WinXP SP3. Once a scheduled recording starts the Live TV freezes and if I go to the menu and select Live TV then it says that no tuner is available. So, with nPVR I cannot watch what is being recorded with a single tuner.
Yes , this seems ot be more common.. I have it too.. I have two tuners (not dual) , but both recognised. If Im watching a prog and a scheduled recording starts the play jams.. I cant watch another show whilst the recording is on task.
Logs attached