NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Does N-PVR support ISO files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did not see anything in the settings about ISO files or daemon-tools.

Thanks,

David
Not yet but sub has said it's on his todo list
You can install Magic Disc, which is freeware. When you mount the .iso file on it's virtual DVD, NextPVR can play it as a regular DVD.
yes, but what doan is asking about is the ability to auto-mount a given .iso to a virtual drive, which gb-pvr could do using daemon tools (effectively the same thing as Magic Disc); that's the bit sub said will be making a return to NPVR later on.
johnsonx42 Wrote:yes, but what doan is asking about is the ability to auto-mount a given .iso to a virtual drive, which gb-pvr could do using daemon tools (effectively the same thing as Magic Disc); that's the bit sub said will be making a return to NPVR later on.

I know that, I just proposed a temporary solution Smile.
oh, ok, sorry, I misunderstood the intent of your post.
johnsonx42 Wrote:oh, ok, sorry, I misunderstood the intent of your post.

No worries, perhaps I should have been more spesific.

BTW: I never got the auto-mounting to work in gbpvr with daemondtools.
I always thought that the use of images where too slow and often failed, so I copied the video_ts folder from the .iso file to a folder with the movie name. This way NPVR (and GB-pvr) could play the dvds without using daemon tools at all.
I never wanted to deal with images either, so I never used the daemon tools support. As 7ore did, I just used the video_ts folder for my watchable backups; indeed, my current ripper (DVDFab HD Decrypter) creates a video_ts folder, not an .iso.

That said, it does seem a fair number of people keep their dvd backups as .iso's.