NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Support for Ember Media Manager output files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this today, and looks like an awesome free tool, suitable for use alongside NPVR:

http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/wiki

"Ember Media Manager (aka EMM or Ember) is an open source movie and TV Show collections management tool which was initially created to use with XBMC, but it should virtually support most of the other media center application out there. It empowers home theater enthusiasts to manage and organize their entire movie and TV Show collections. EMM will scrape (retrieve) movie and TV Show information (plot, cast, genre, studio, mpaa certification, etc) from various sites, together with posters, fanarts, actor photos and even movie trailers. It also automatically extracts media metadata like resolution, codecs, audio and subtitle streams. EMM can also be used as a standalone movie organizer/ cataloguer, but the primary aim of such a tool is to export all the data and images to a format can then be imported into your favorite media center application. In order to achieve this, EMM stores all data and images in files which are saved next to the media files. Media center applications can pick up those files and import the information to their own internal database."

Would NPVR be able to use the outputted meta files from it, for display?
If you can post samples of its media files, then I can try to add support for this type of metadata file. It already supports several other formats.

It'll only show stuff that the skin's are interested in though, like descriptions etc, not stuff like cast etc, which are not current shown anywhere in the UI.
I found Ember a couple of days ago as well and it is a great tool for scraping movie and tv-show info.
NPVR have no problem with showing the info from Ember. The thing is that you need to tweak the settings in Ember.
Open Edit | Settings
Go to TV Shows | Files and Sources
Make sure that Ember creates folder.jpg

Ember creates tvshow.nfo and [filename].nfo automatic and NPVR reads this file if the skin supports it (Wave does).