NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVD backups not working in NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't seem to make a dvd backup play. I get the listing correctly, whatever.dvd, but when I select it, NPVR either crashes or dumps to the desktop, depending on which mpeg2 decoder I use. Is anyone else having an issue with loading dvd backups? This isn't .iso stuff, its full rips with video_ts directories and such.
Post logs.
I'm not sure if they are going to help, but here they are.

Two sets of logs here. On the first set they just stop after 'about to load video decoder' and 'audio' decoders. I either get a crash popup and program end, or just a straight program end. Using the following decoders, I get the same results:

ffdshow video decoder
dscaler mpeg2 video decoder
cyberlink video/sp bd-hd decoder
cyberlink video/sp decoder
This is the log in npvr-log1.zip

The second log set is for the NVIDIA Video Decoder. With it, an ActiveMovie Window pops over the now blacked out npvr screen and sound plays with no video. I can close the pop over and press ESC to get the npvr screen back.
This is in npvr-log2.zip

All of these decoders are selected for the MPEG2 Video playback.

The same ripped disc works just fine on the same box in PVRX2 using the DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder and the same audio decoder you'll see in the logs
You have some extra filters getting forced loaded into the graph:

Code:
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]    Graph filter list:
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - Video Renderer 0018
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - Video Renderer
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - Default DirectSound Device 0012
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - Default DirectSound Device
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - EVR Renderer
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - Color Space Converter
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - AC3Filter 0010
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     [color=red]- InterVideo Audio Processor Fx 0008[/color]
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - Line 21 Decoder
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     [color=red]- InterVideo Audio Processor Fx[/color]
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - NVIDIA Video Decoder
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - AC3Filter
2010-07-27 00:44:02.968    [DEBUG][1]     - DVD Navigator
I would try to find and unregister the Intervideo decoders on your system. I aslo suspect that the NVidia video decoder does not play nice with EVR hence the inclusion on the colorspace converter and the extra video renderer.
Well my intention is to not run with the NVIDIA Video decoder but the DScaler that I used before. Any idea why that one is dieing? I included the NVIDIA one just to show a different reflex.
OK, after unregging the Intervideo audio and switching back to dscaler, I get playback, sometimes. On some discs, when first selected, all I get is a black screen. I have to hit esc to get to the dvd menu. Others simply stay on a black screen with nothing but going back to the menu when you hit esc. I went back into GB-PVR and tested each in there and they all load just fine. Attached is a log. The goofy and backyardagains didn't load at all, the batman one loaded after hitting esc.

Also, one bothersome thing, in Video and other listings, nothing seems to sort by alpha anymore. Things are just randomly listed it looks like. I've tried to figure it out, but its not by date created, reverse alpha or anything else I can determine.
tasan Wrote:Also, one bothersome thing, in Video and other listings, nothing seems to sort by alpha anymore. Things are just randomly listed it looks like. I've tried to figure it out, but its not by date created, reverse alpha or anything else I can determine.
Was this from a directory on a hard disk in the machine, or on some sort of NAS?
sub Wrote:Was this from a directory on a hard disk in the machine, or on some sort of NAS?

Its a drive on another box I use as a server. GB-PVR lists everything in alpha from this same drive. Same thing with the music listings as well, and they are all on the server box.
tasan Wrote:Its a drive on another box I use as a server. GB-PVR lists everything in alpha from this same drive. Same thing with the music listings as well, and they are all on the server box.
Up til now NPVR has shown the files in the order they're reported by the file system. For a local drive on a Windows system, thats always alphabetically sorted in the filesystem. For file systems on remote drives (particularly linux based systems), those files can be reported in effectively a random order.

I've updated the next version of the app to presort the file names and directories returned from the filesystem.
sub Wrote:Up til now NPVR has shown the files in the order they're reported by the file system. For a local drive on a Windows system, thats always alphabetically sorted in the filesystem. For file systems on remote drives (particularly linux based systems), those files can be reported in effectively a random order.

I've updated the next version of the app to presort the file names and directories returned from the filesystem.

Thanks! Any ideas about the other issue?
Pages: 1 2