NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NEWA Post Padding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been specifying 15 minute post padding when submitting recordings using NEWA but the system appears to ignore the post padding setting. Has anyone else seen an issue with post padding ? Please let me know if I there is any debug I should try or data I should capture.
XJW Wrote:I have been specifying 15 minute post padding when submitting recordings using NEWA but the system appears to ignore the post padding setting. Has anyone else seen an issue with post padding ? Please let me know if I there is any debug I should try or data I should capture.

Thanks....I'll check it out and let you know what I find.
UJB - Any luck with this one ? I took a look at the saved searches file and it did not appear to include padding settings. Are they saved somewhere else ? Let me know if I missed something when I saved the searches. Let me know if you need me to send you any information / logs etc. Thanks
Post padding is set in the NPVR settings app......NEWA just pulls in what is defaulted.......but if you make an update to what is on the screen when you set something to record it should take what you entered and not the default.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Post padding is set in the NPVR settings app......NEWA just pulls in what is defaulted.......but if you make an update to what is on the screen when you set something to record it should take what you entered and not the default.

NPVR no longer has pre/post padding in the Settings as GBPVR did in the past Sad I have posted a wish list item for this as it was mighty convenient. I am guessing that this is something that Sub intends to add back in at some point but has been too overloaded to add - I hope so anyway.

If NEWA pulls in the the defaults then I will resubmit my NEWA searches. I recently manually updated the pre/post pad settings in the config file. So if I resubmit my searches it should pull in my 15 minute post padding from the config file. I will let you know how this goes.

For my education: Does it include the padding parameters in the saved searches file ? If it does then I will take a look in this file to see if they are included.
Woot ! Looks like sub has included the padding settings in 1.5.28 !

UJB - I reloaded all my recordings and it appears to pick up the padding defaults from the config file. However it does not appear to write the padding parameters to the Saved Searches file (I am not sure if thats where it is meant to put them). Also I checked the functionality of the parameter that determines how many recordings to keep and this does not appear to be working. I will retest in 1.5.28 and let you know how I go. Let me know if you need me to send you any data.
XJW Wrote:Woot ! Looks like sub has included the padding settings in 1.5.28 !

UJB - I reloaded all my recordings and it appears to pick up the padding defaults from the config file. However it does not appear to write the padding parameters to the Saved Searches file (I am not sure if thats where it is meant to put them). Also I checked the functionality of the parameter that determines how many recordings to keep and this does not appear to be working. I will retest in 1.5.28 and let you know how I go. Let me know if you need me to send you any data.

No....the pre/post padding settings are always pulled from what is stored in the NPVR settings......they are not stored in with a saved search. Let me know how your testing goes.....to my knowledge pre/post padding and max recordings should all be working via NEWA and the NPVR API.
I will let you know if I see issues but it looks like its picking up the padding. Thanks.
I have been monitoring and it looks like the padding and max recordings is working. Thanks.
XJW Wrote:I have been monitoring and it looks like the padding and max recordings is working. Thanks.

Great....thanks for the follow-up!