NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR Aspect Ratio when playing videos from Videos screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Having put too many items into what is becoming a messy thread (sorry) I thought I had better separate them.

This one is a request to default the Aspect Ratio to "Auto" or "Last Selected" when playing videos from the Videos List screen.

At the moment I need to reselect Auto everytime I play a video from the video screen. I am using a 4:3 TV with 4:3 selected in the Settings.

Please let me know if I have missed a setting or made an error or if this is a genuine issue others are seeing too.
I have this issue too - playing from the videos screen. I've got a 16:9 LCD but it defaults to "fill" which is annoying so I have to manually change it to auto every time.
Bounce Smile Sub - Really hoping you can squeeze this one in to the next release. I imagine that you remain pretty overloaded with lots of requests so understood if you cant..
Sub - any thoughts on whether you will be able to fix this one ? I am hoping its not a big fix to change the default aspect ratio to Auto.
XJW Wrote:Sub - any thoughts on whether you will be able to fix this one ? I am hoping its not a big fix to change the default aspect ratio to Auto.

+1 from me Smile
I dont seem to see this problem here. What type of files are you playing - .ts or other?
sub Wrote:I dont seem to see this problem here. What type of files are you playing - .ts or other?

I'm seeing this problem both on .ts and .avi/.mkv
Reddwarf Wrote:I'm seeing this problem both on .ts and .avi/.mkv
What is the source material aspect ratio, and what do you end up seeing on the screen?
sub Wrote:What is the source material aspect ratio, and what do you end up seeing on the screen?

It's both recordings from NPVR (when they are faulty marked as failed because recording service not running, the file is most of the time there and can be watched via Videos), and dvdrips converted to avi or mkv. It always starts playback in Fill mode, and I have to manually change to Auto or sometimes LetterBox.
Give this patch a go.
Pages: 1 2 3