NextPVR Forums

Full Version: time for separate N-PVR forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know where to post this, so I'll just post it here and see if any mod wants to move it somewhere else...

In looking through the forum, it seems like maybe it's time to separate GB-PVR matters from N-PVR matters completely... nothing works cross-platform, and it would certainly be confusing for a new N-PVR user trying to ferret out the newer NPVR compatible stuff from all the older stuff.

Perhaps a forum structure like this:

Information
- Announcements
- Community Announcements
NPVR Forums
- NPVR Support
- NPVR Plugin and Skin Support
+- mvallevand's npvr plugins
+- whurlston's npvr plugins
+- mcbainuk...
+- etc.
- NPVR Wishlist forum
GB-PVR Forums
- GB-PVR Support
- GB-PVR Plugin and Skin Support
+-all existing sub forums
(no point in keeping a GB-PVR wishlist, since no further wishes can be granted)
Hardware support
External tasks and Utilities
- dhgb256's Netflix viewer thread goes here, as does hoborg's SAF thread, along with other similar threads that are not specific to one app or the other.
Developers
Documentation
Generall/Off Topic

Naturally any N-PVR related threads in the various existing plugin forums would be moved by their moderators to their new N-PVR plugin forum.

This would allow older GB-PVR related info to die off as it falls out of use, rather than being dragged on forever as the same forums get reused for completely different, incompatible plugins and information. Better also to do it now before too many N-PVR threads get started.
Please don't split anything on me again. I hate the current breakup I have to deal with on MVP, mvpmc, and mvpmcx2. Users don't respect the divisions anyway.

Martin.
ok, nevermind then Wink
yeah gbpvr will slowly die off anyway
im betting after client mode works Smile thats when ill be changing anyway