NextPVR Forums

Full Version: npvr.db3 0byte
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
trying to set up client server on npvr, but getting an sqlite error "no such tabel CHANNEL" on the client
the db3 file on the server is 0bytes, but the server tv guide is populated. what am i missing?

ps this is first time out with npvr so ive jumped straight in at 1.5.28 without really being upto date on the forums so appologies if it's somethign obvious.

ok read a little and maybe something to do with im using winxp. my db3 file is in program files/npvr, but the other posts on the subject seem to refer to win7 folder nameing with npvr.db3 in user/puiblic. Could this be the issue? Do I need to create a user folder on my xp machine?
fuzzweed Wrote:trying to set up client server on npvr, but getting an sqlite error "no such tabel CHANNEL" on the client
the db3 file on the server is 0bytes, but the server tv guide is populated. what am i missing?

ps this is first time out with npvr so ive jumped straight in at 1.5.28 without really being upto date on the forums so appologies if it's somethign obvious.

ok read a little and maybe something to do with im using winxp. my db3 file is in program files/npvr, but the other posts on the subject seem to refer to win7 folder nameing with npvr.db3 in user/puiblic. Could this be the issue? Do I need to create a user folder on my xp machine?
It sounds like you've shared the wrong folder on your server, you should be sharing the npvr data folder. On Vista and Win7 this is c:\users\public\npvr. On XP its somewhere under "c:\documents and settings\all users\..."
That would seem to be the correct answer! However I can;t seem to access any shares made in the documents and settings/all users/app data directory. I've tried sharing npvr and can see and access it as a share on the local machine (server) but get permission denied on my client and laptop. I've tried creating and sharing app data/test and have the same issue. I can share in documents and settings and documets and settings/all users with no problems. I guess this is a windows thing rather than gbpvr, but has anyone got any pointers for resolving the issue?

Just done some googling and the only similar thing I can find is when people want to share outlook express data, which also resides in the app data folder. In this case the data has to be moved out of the app data folder and shared elsewhere, implying perhaps that the app data folder contents can't be shared under xp. If this is the case can I get npvr to put it's database elesewhere without breaking it forever?
I've got mine in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents. That's XP Pro...
You need to grant full access permissions to Everyone on the security tab of the NPVR directory.
ACTCMS Wrote:I've got mine in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents. That's XP Pro...

That would seem like a better place for it, but how did it get there? Is there a setting in npvr for database location?

Quote:You need to grant full access permissions to Everyone on the security tab of the NPVR directory.

I don't havea security tab - just two check boxes for share this folder, and allow others to change files - maybe down to using simple file sharing, but I tried turning this off and it broke all other sharing between by machines.
fuzzweed Wrote:That would seem like a better place for it, but how did it get there? Is there a setting in npvr for database location?
I changed npvr.reg to point the DataDirectory to "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Documents\\NPVR" and reran it.
ACTCMS Wrote:I changed npvr.reg to point the DataDirectory to "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Documents\\NPVR" and reran it.

ACTCMS means reran the installer. You would have to copy existing files yourself or start from scratch.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:ACTCMS means reran the installer. You would have to copy existing files yourself or start from scratch.

Martin

If you prefer not to mess with the "documents and settings", it is possible to create C:\Users\Public\NPVR, I did that on XP, and it's much easyer to share.
is npvr.reg and/or is there another way to redirect npvr to another directory? denny
Pages: 1 2