NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UK Freeview DVB-T EPG Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been using NPVR since the latest version came out but am having big problems with the EPG updates (OTA 7 day) - When doing auto updates (3am) and either updating from the Channels screen or the System plugin the EPG appears to download but then does not populate the Guide straight away!
To start with there is about half a day of every Channel (39) and random bits of guide for the 7 days.
After watching TV on any channel for 10 - 15 mins the guide for that channel & (I think) other Channels on the same frequency become populated. Unfortunately by this time any pending recording that had no program details has been removed and the only way to get them back is to delete the reccuring recordings and re-enter them. (Have had to resort to a pen and paper - having lost several recordings)

I have noticed in the logs that after the scan of every frequency (5) for epg update, all 38 channels are deleted.
I have deleted db3 file and started from scratch again thinking it was corrupted - but still problem.
If you're having EPG problems, I wouldn't trust the results you get back from the System plugin too much, mainly because I'm not 100% sure I've implemented that functionality correctly. Perhaps this is a good time to bump the following for sub's attention: http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread.php?...PG-Updates
I have mainly been using the update EPG from the Settings/Channels menu even on an empty EPG I get the updater deleting all 38 Channels 5 times - surely only once is required otherwise it is deleting all that it has just downloaded.
I will try to get some logs tonight.

It seems this thread http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread.php?...-in-1.5.28 could be the same problem (OTA EPG getting lost etc)

Alternativly it may be time to get permission from Her Who Must Be Obeyed to format and start again :eek: after all it is 2 1/2 years that GBPVR ran without major problems
Here is a clean set of logs.
The computer was rebooted into NPVR and left to fall asleep last night.
This morning I checked the program guide - same big holes every where.
Watched several channels to re-populate program guide.
Pending recordings had gone from 10 last night to 3.
Lao Pan Wrote:I have been using NPVR since the latest version came out but am having big problems with the EPG updates (OTA 7 day) - When doing auto updates (3am) and either updating from the Channels screen or the System plugin the EPG appears to download but then does not populate the Guide straight away!
Can you do an 'empty epg', restart the app and view the tv guide to confirm it is empty, go back to the main menu, then bring up settings, then hit the 'update epg' button, wait for it to complete, then view the tv guide, then post your npvr.log?
I did as requested - here are the logs
As before only first days epg visible in program guide - after that just random programs + only 2 pending recordings in the recordings menu.
I am sure after watching TV for a while the epg will repopulate.
I cant really see anything useful in the logs.

Someone in the UK will need to use GB-PVR to capture a 1 minute 'Full TS' recording from one of the channels that are not getting full listings, and put that file somewhere I can download it. I'll run it up in the debugger to see why its not finding the shows.
sub Wrote:I cant really see anything useful in the logs.

Someone in the UK will need to use GB-PVR to capture a 1 minute 'Full TS' recording from one of the channels that are not getting full listings, and put that file somewhere I can download it. I'll run it up in the debugger to see why its not finding the shows.

I'm guessing that would have to be from the same transmitter?
That's probably be the best bet.
Unfortunately I uninstalled GBPVR last week. If anyone can supply the above for Sub from Mendip Transmitter that would be most helpful.
Further Observations - Which ever way the EPG is updated (Scheduled, from the Channels Screen System Plugin [have tried with Plugin uninstalled as well] or -updateepgonly) the epg only gets full listings up to 01.00 hrs. After that there is just a random sprinkling across all five muxes for the next 6 days.
After watching any channel on a mux for 3-5mins all the program listings for that mux appear, often overlayed on the [no show details] that was there previously. On restarting NPVR the listings are correct, but the scheduled recordings are no longer pending and have to be entered again.
I don't understand is NPVR downloading updates to the epg while playing live TV or just not getting its act together until live TV starts playing :confused:
Would a longer scan time be appropriate as there are over 20 Channels on some of the muxes inc radio all with 7 day guides (In GBPVR each mux was scanned twice one for each tuner - never had any problems)
Finally am I the only one having problems - seem to be lots of views for not a huge amount of posts in this thread. Big Grin (I don't think its all me)
Pages: 1 2 3