NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Duplicate Recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
As the post regarding duplicate entries in the EPG looks like its solved I am opening a separate post on another issue that I had raised as part of that post. Sometimes issues can be lost when buried in another post.

NPVR is scheduling up to 4 recordings of each show simultaneously. I have 4 tuners. I am guessing if I had more it would schedule more.

So every day I get 4 copies of "Shaun the Sheep" all recorded at the same time. And the same happens with many other shows in my recording list.

Please let me know what I can do to debug this issue or provide data. I have had this issue for a very long time. I have an unresolved post on this under GBPVR.

If you are also seeing this issue it would be appreciated if you could add a note to this post - I would like to know if it is just me or are others seeing it too.
XJW Wrote:As the post regarding duplicate entries in the EPG looks like its solved I am opening a separate post on another issue that I had raised as part of that post. Sometimes issues can be lost when buried in another post.

NPVR is scheduling up to 4 recordings of each show simultaneously. I have 4 tuners. I am guessing if I had more it would schedule more.

So every day I get 4 copies of "Shaun the Sheep" all recorded at the same time. And the same happens with many other shows in my recording list.

Please let me know what I can do to debug this issue or provide data. I have had this issue for a very long time. I have an unresolved post on this under GBPVR.

If you are also seeing this issue it would be appreciated if you could add a note to this post - I would like to know if it is just me or are others seeing it too.

I'v noticed that every time I schedulke a recurring recording it is recorded twice.
I get two recordings for the first recording of a newly scheduled recurring recording as well. However future recordings just record once. I can only think of one single recording I did (a Quick Record of a show in progress), and it only recorded once.
johnsonx42 Wrote:I get two recordings for the first recording of a newly scheduled recurring recording as well. However future recordings just record once. I can only think of one single recording I did (a Quick Record of a show in progress), and it only recorded once.

I had this strange incident, I was watching a show and suddenly had to go, so I pressed the record button to record the rest of the show. When I returned later to watch the rest, it resumed where I had left. But I noticed from the timeline that the total time was more than twice the duration of the remaining show when I left. After investigating, I found that at the end of the show, the whole show was recorded once again!

I haven't tried to reproduce it yet, but it would be intreresting if someone else could try too.
johnsonx42 Wrote:I get two recordings for the first recording of a newly scheduled recurring recording as well. However future recordings just record once. I can only think of one single recording I did (a Quick Record of a show in progress), and it only recorded once.
I just doubled checked this here and wasnt able to reproduce.

When you go into the TV Guide, hit enter on a show, hit record, do 'Record Season (all on this channel)', then go to the Recordings screen, do you see this first episode listed twice in the pending recordings? or is there some other set of steps to see the problem?
sub Wrote:I just doubled checked this here and wasnt able to reproduce.

When you go into the TV Guide, hit enter on a show, hit record, do 'Record Season (all on this channel)', then go to the Recordings screen, do you see this first episode listed twice in the pending recordings? or is there some other set of steps to see the problem?

It's listed twice.
Ok can you schedule a season recording then post the NPvr.log
Well now mine won't do it. It's literally done it every time I've scheduled a season recording until now. I think I even set aside a log copy that showed it a few days ago, but I recently deleted all my extra log copies. I never reported it because it was a minor bug to me.

I just rebooted the box though, maybe something else has to occur before it will do this. Or maybe one of the patches I've installed in the last few days fixed this as a side effect.
Ok, will if you have it happen again, post the logs immediately after scheduling.
xjw or reddwarf maybe can still post their logs?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7